What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47468 (2022/10/18)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, then i am giving it a second chance

Edit : i just had time to launch a speed test, router crashed. I had to reboot it. I ll stay on previous firmware.

Last edited:
7 days aprox, with a dirty install. and all ok.
i have 2 other router (tuf 5400) in mesh by cable

i dont know if the beta works beter

I did a dirty upgrade late last night. No issues to report.

I had one unexplained lockup a couple days ago.

Locked up twice more since Friday. Something is not right with this new firmware. Going to try backing down to 47191 and if it doesn't go back to normal I will have to consider a full reset.

This update completely fixed NAT Acceleration using PPPoE passthrough for me - prior to the update, I was only able to pull approx. 1.8Gb up/down from my 3Gb connection. Now I am hitting 2.3Gb (2.5Gb Lan to AX89X) averaging around 25% CPU usage. This is with Trendnet on. The internal Speedtest app is still borked - crashes half the time.

I updated the firmware on the RT-AX89X and the pair of GT-AXE11000 AiMesh nodes it was linked to via 2.5G ethernet backhaul. Started getting random device disconnections on the GT-AXE11000 AiMesh nodes but not on the RT-AX89X. Then the WebUI, AiMesh tab showed that my 2.5G ethernet backhauls to both the GT-AXE11000s were disconnected though my devices could still link to both AiMesh nodes. Wrote to Asus Tech Support and they provided me with the same beta firmware. Tried it but the problems persisted. So I tried rolling back the firmware on the GT-AXE11000s and the the issues were resolved for the most part. The Tech Support guy suspected it might have been compatibility issues between 368 and 388 firmware but I told him I was already on 368 for the RT-AX89X and 388 for the GT-AXE11000s before the latest updates for all three routers and the previous firmwares worked just fine. He concurred and sent on the data logs I recorded over to the GT-AXE11000 development team to troubleshoot.

1668255137872.png

Working great

Do you have ai mesh ? Do you use sfp port ? Do you use 10gb Ethernet port ?
I use Aimesh(signature), 10G ethernet to NAS, SFP+ not yet.