What's new

Asus RT AX92u /ISP connection issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonnyO

New Around Here
Have had my ISP out 3 times, to analyse my connection with their router in front at first because I had connection issues.
After 3 visit we I asked to have my own router in front and bridged their router.
The ISP says the cable connection measures to be perfect, no problems can be found on the cable.
Was hovering around him while he working and they he do a good job on the analysis work.

Seem I still have issues. Keep getting these in the log sometimes many hours between, sometimes minutes.
Sometimes it seems to happen just when I come home and the smarthome things kicks in... Other times when we lie flat on the couch not doing sh*t.

-------------------
WAN Connection: Ethernet link down.
WAN Connection: Ethernet link up.
WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly
WAN Connection: WAN was restored...

And then the "Network Map" under generel says:
Internet status:
Connected
WAN IP: xx.xx.xx.xx...
And the Internet works again...
---------------------

While having the issue I tried power cycling their bridged router without success, rebooted the rt-ax92U, still no direct success, but after a while (impatience... ya know) Internet returns and the above is in the log again..

I still think its @ the ISP the problem origins from.
Any suggestions to fix or assembly data to get it fixed?

Kinda regret I purchased the 92U, now that I found out about the Asuswrt-Merlin...
Hoping that some fine day there will be a v compatible version of A-M for the RT AX92U

Ps. had some WIFI issues with the 92U when using 2 or 3-band..
Had to set "Enable Smart Connect" to off, to get a stable wifi.

Best regards from Denmark.
My ISP =YouSee.

I had the exact same problems with my RT-AX92Us. (Nov 2019 Firmware)
It disappeared from the system log with the January firmware but the problems persisted.
I also had Smart Connect off because of problems.
I returned them today to the re-seller.

I had the exact same problems with my RT-AX92Us. (Nov 2019 Firmware)
It disappeared from the system log with the January firmware but the problems persisted.
I also had Smart Connect off because of problems.
I returned them today to the re-seller.
I've had the same issues too. It's an absolute joke. Anyone had a success with this router?

tried changing the ethernet cable that is going into the wan port?
It's showing an actual physical disconnect, the cables knacked or the isp modem is likely rebooting itself.
Got any spare modems lying around the house to test with?

Well now after disabling the 2 or 3-band on the 92u wifi is just fine, maybe I'll settle with that.

Found the 92u very stable now, the bridging of the ISP router certainly helped.

The only thing I have had to reboot from missing Internet connection is the bridged Yousee Sagemcom Fast 3890 Router.
And its not anything often, so I guess I will give the Fast 3890 a timer to cut the power weekly or so.

So two issues, 2-3band not stable and now found that Port Forwarding does not work at all... Well the everyday life small hurdles....

Working fine for me, though I only use one of them.
Yeah that is how I used "them" until latest January firmware came after which I took the AIMesh node in use.

Nice to read that it works for you now DonnyO!
I got a refund and I ordered the ZenWiFi AC (CT8) (2pcs). I may be stupid (new product) but a) I want ASUS b) I want Mesh. So let's see how it goes with those. Well well...

Returned them because they didn't work properly of course. Did you read this thread at all?

Yes, every word . The reported problem " ISP's DHCP did not function properly" is nothing new and happens with other makes , you simply need to reboot the modem.

There is a new firmware for the AX92U which may address other issues. Personally I have installed a pair of these one as router , second as AP and have seen no problem of any kind.

I was wrong, (not to hijack this thread) I have had the messages that are listed in the first post. But I mixed them up with the ones listed below AND I did lose WAN every time then (November 2019 firmware).
I was just waiting for a new firmware to see whether I would get them going then. It didn't happen so I wrote a detailed report and the re-seller refunded me promptly. I had them 2 1/2 months. I've never have had this much problems with any networking tool as I had with these.
Maybe they were defect, I don't know (and now I don't care). I've seen so similar reports from others especially on Amazon that it was an easy decision and I would have fought to have them refunded.

Code:
Jan 14 15:13:45 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)
Jan 14 15:13:45 ntp: start NTP update
Jan 14 15:14:04 nat: apply redirect rules
Jan 14 15:14:04 WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.
Jan 14 15:14:07 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Jan 14 15:14:07 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)
Jan 14 15:14:07 ntp: start NTP update
Jan 14 15:14:28 nat: apply redirect rules
Jan 14 15:14:28 WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.
Jan 14 15:14:31 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Jan 14 15:14:31 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)
Jan 14 15:14:31 ntp: start NTP update
Jan 14 15:14:52 nat: apply redirect rules
Jan 14 15:14:58 WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.
Jan 14 15:14:58 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Jan 14 15:14:58 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)
Jan 14 15:14:58 ntp: start NTP update
Yes, every word . The reported problem " ISP's DHCP did not function properly" is nothing new and happens with other makes , you simply need to reboot the modem.

There is a new firmware for the AX92U which may address other issues. Personally I have installed a pair of these one as router , second as AP and have seen no problem of any kind.

Cleaned up the thread, please refrain from making personal attacks.

you don't, you can unplug wan and replug or flick internet connection on and off on homepage with world sign.

you don't, you can unplug wan and replug or flick internet connection on and off on homepage with world sign.

Or go into router settings and flip "wan dns settings". And the router figures it out.
A shame this problem can not be solved.

I have made something in Home Assistant to check for Internet connectability and reboot modem/router if no connection within a certain amount of time, but its not ready for the world so to say..

Or go into router settings and flip "wan dns settings". And the router figures it out.
A shame this problem can not be solved.

I have made something in Home Assistant to check for Internet connectability and reboot modem/router if no connection within a certain amount of time, but its not ready for the world so to say..

Yup, its a nightmare nevertheless and ridiculous because the primary function of the router is DHCP.

Ahh, you'll have to let us know!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!