What's new

Asus RT-N12HP...Daddy Wants!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe they thought about the range advantage that 2.4Ghz has over 5Ghz.
Don't know why they can't use both, but as long as I get a strong signal tell me why I would care.
The router looks like a joke, but the long antennas may be needed?

EDIT: FYI I have a shirtty Netgear CG3100, wouldn't even call it a wifi router. It's just a modem for me.
I had a Linksys WRT350N that I was happy with, but I changed it for a TP-Link that supported OpenWRT

Last edited:
So that's what this new model I saw appear a few weeks ago in the source code is. For a while I thought it was an OEM product for HP :)

Good Solution for Many People

The high gain antennas look like a good solution for many people who need to extend signal out to those hard to reach places.

Addresses the problem that no matter how strong the signal on your router if your WiFi enabled device has a weak radio you want have a reliable/fast network connection.

In my set up I will try using the RT-N12HP as an access point and eliminate the 54GsI have set up as wireless repeaters.

I wonder if these antennas would fit RT-N66U or AC and if there would be a benefit to the signal strenght?

I wonder if these antennas would fit RT-N66U or AC and if there would be a benefit to the signal strenght?

Those antennas might not be dual-band capable.

For res/dorms

Any idea when and where this router can be purchased in North America, specifically Canada?

I've looked everywhere but only two resellers on eBay turned up.

Would be great to share internet with friends on my floor.

Up for a slow week

ASUS RT-N66U sporting ASUS RT-N12HP 9dBi antennas

DSC01096.jpg

Up for a slow week

ASUS RT-N66U sporting ASUS RT-N12HP 9dBi antennas

DSC01096.jpg

those aren't dual band but your inSSIDer is reporting great signal on ch149, is this an april fools joke? lol I'd love to get those antennas but afraid of damaging the n66u if they are single band only, and where can i get them!?