What's new

ASUS RT-N56U port triggering issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M43S7RO

New Around Here
Hello, I recently purchased this router and upgraded to the latest FW but am having trouble setting up port triggering for xbox live. For example port 3074 needs to be triggered for both UDP/TCP but when I enter the triggering port as 3074 UDP then set the incoming port as 3074 UDP as well, I receive a message that the port is not valid.

If I try say 3074 UDP for trigger and 3074 TCP for incoming or vice versa, the router will accept this. Is this the correct way to enter each line? I thought both trigger and incoming had to be the same. If I leave it the way the router will accept it, one UDP and the other TCP or vice versa, my xbox will not log into live when I turn on the xbox, I have to test connection first then it connects with open nat but game play seems a bit quirky.

I reverting to my WRT310 until I get this figured out which makes it easy to choose both UDP/TCP on one line for triggering.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, I'd rather trigger than forward because I have xboxs in different rooms.