What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The fiber switch we have in the basement have 4 lan ports. And the things connected to that is a cable to the router and another cable with powerline that goes to our iptv.

And if you need more specific information about things. Just ask specific what you need to know. I´ll help out as much as I can

that helps; disconnect the powerline from the fiber unit and only use it connected to the router

Tried that. No difference at all...
Bought a new router just so see if i can maintain a stable connection.

Tried a new router. Netgear v300. The speed of the wireless and powerline were slower than with the ASUS.
Played some games to see if the network would shut down. And after about 1h everything shut down. Couldn´t connect to the router gui. And after it resumed the router had changed ip to a new one.
With the netgear I had a friend guide me to set a specific lan ip for each computer beacuse my pc that is connected to the powerline didnt have a lan ip. But an internet ip. Thought that was strange beacuse the powerline is connected to the router 1 floor down.
The friend of mine is coming over later today to see if the ethernet cable from the fiber switch to the router has any damages

So my conclusion right now is that the routers isn´t the problem.

Your setup sounds very close to mine. Fibre router (I have a Genexis) with 4 ports. First port is connected to the WAN interface if the router, the second one is IPTV only. This port must not be connected to the router or the network behind the router. (Though you can connect a separate switch tonit if you have multiple iptv's)

Can you post the exact settings of your WAN interface? Does the WAN light light up when connected?

Also, it might be a good idea to turn the router and fibre box off for more than one hour so the Internet connection resets. When you turn it on again, make sure that your router is the only box that connects to the first port of the fibre box (this procedure should also be followed when you change routers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk