What's new

ASUS RT-N66U new firmware version 178

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You have to click on the "+" button first to add the rule.

That button does not work. It actually worked in the older firmware when I tested it but not with the current one. I'm not going to downgrade it but I may consider a 3rd party firmware like Shibby's Tomato or DD-WRT.

I'm currently running the latest merlin build (thanks for your efforts RMerlin !) and my 66u is nice and stable.

I am looking at purchasing a VPN solution and I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a VPN solution that will actually run on the RT-66U. I have found some that will work with DD-WRT but none with native / RMerlin support for the RT-66U.

Finding a provider that allows me to set it up on my home router will most likely mean I buy through them.

fw Asus original and Merlin

Question for experienced users, and specially for RMerlin:
- it is recommended/possible to install a Asus firmware from the GUI of Merlin fw?
- what about vice-versa?

Thanks

Question for experienced users, and specially for RMerlin:
- it is recommended/possible to install a Asus firmware from the GUI of Merlin fw?
- what about vice-versa?

Thanks

No problem at all. Both firmware are essentially the same compatibility-wise.