What's new

News ASUS support site rearranged

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Today I found that ASUS had their support site rearranged.
The URL for firmware release notes and firmware files is changed, a few listed here:
Notice how the RT-N66U is classified as "support only".
I was poking around in there yesterday and it was acting very odd. The box that you type in the model number usually populates with info as you type and you can click one. It wouldn't even populate and was very difficult to pull up a model. I just took a look and now it seems you have a couple extra clicks to go through after that stage; enter model, pick driver and utility on right side of page, then it goes to product page, then pick support, then driver...........Just tried it again and got message "We'll Be Back..." so maybe they are still reworking the links, lets hope so.

Yes right, when you click "Find another model" and start a search that didn't work well.
And now I got:
We'll be back.
Hi, our website is temporarily closed for service enhancements.
We'll be back shortly.Thank you for your patience!

Damn, I have to update 14 bookmarks now LOL

I served a good many year, and now it is in the "spares" box even longer.
I understand from that overview that firmware for the RT-N66U (and many others) will not be updated anymore, that is fair.
Even after my purchases of an RT-AC66U(not B1), then an RT-AC88U and a pair of RT-AC66u_B1's to take advantage of the extended range capabilities of AI-Mesh, I have not installed them for lack of BW throttling of the guest networks and also no Guest networks in AI-Mesh.
It also seems as though Apple, I-Phones and Sony/PS gear were having a lot of trouble getting a connection to the AC88U .

I just seen there is updated firmware for the RT-AC66U_B1's to support AI-Mesh 2.0 at
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC66U-B1/HelpDesk_BIOS/

As Guest Networks on AI-Mesh 2.0 now seem possible, I will be taking a second look at them to replace my current N66U.

Until it's replaced , my RT-N66U remains and is doing it's thing for us. :(

Today I found that ASUS had their support site rearranged.
The URL for firmware release notes and firmware files is changed, a few listed here:
Notice how the RT-N66U is classified as "support only".
I guess now they have found another way to confuse and baffle customers. (Great job Asus keep up the hard work.)#JOB-SECURITY

This doesn't seem confusing to me. Rather it clarifies, actually.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!