Asus Survey ???

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

armsAC3100

Regular Contributor
I received an email this morning that is titled ASUS: RT-AX88U product survey invitation. It contains an HTML file attachment. It was sent from neweredm.com domain It looks fishy to me. Anyone else seen this?

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
I received an email this morning that is titled ASUS: RT-AX88U product survey invitation. It contains an HTML file attachment. It was sent from neweredm.com domain It looks fishy to me. Anyone else seen this?
If you ever doubt the source or authenticity of an email, DELETE IT.
It's not worth the risk.

AndreiV

Very Senior Member
It is probobaly okay, you have a new AX-RT88U , if you registered that with ASUS you'll be on their list.

newerdm.com is a known service provider , maybe ASUS are using them to forward newsletters and surveys.

newrdm.com listing on domaintools Using Chrome for the translator you can check out the website , the company name is ITPison.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Attached HTML files looks like a fishy way to conduct a survey. Every company that I'm aware of will redirect you to a website that provides survey services.

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
I don't open emailed attachments, period. Even for trusted sources, I download from a Dropbox, etc. account that I know is theirs. Or I will have them send it via Slack or Skype.

Keith Gorham

Regular Contributor
I don't open emailed attachments, period. Even for trusted sources, I download from a Dropbox, etc. account that I know is theirs. Or I will have them send it via Slack or Skype.

Do you have an hat made of aluminon foil on right now?

dlandiss

Very Senior Member
Did you deduce that from the sender's address? That can be spoofed. To be certain, open the full view of the message headers and track back to the original sender.

dlandiss

Very Senior Member
I opened the full acsii view and got info from the actual header.
Smart move! Maybe 3% of all email users even know the difference.