What's new

Asus Survey ???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

armsAC3100

Regular Contributor
I received an email this morning that is titled ASUS: RT-AX88U product survey invitation. It contains an HTML file attachment. It was sent from neweredm.com domain It looks fishy to me. Anyone else seen this?

I received an email this morning that is titled ASUS: RT-AX88U product survey invitation. It contains an HTML file attachment. It was sent from neweredm.com domain It looks fishy to me. Anyone else seen this?
If you ever doubt the source or authenticity of an email, DELETE IT.
It's not worth the risk.

It is probobaly okay, you have a new AX-RT88U , if you registered that with ASUS you'll be on their list.

newerdm.com is a known service provider , maybe ASUS are using them to forward newsletters and surveys.

newrdm.com listing on domaintools Using Chrome for the translator you can check out the website , the company name is ITPison.

Attached HTML files looks like a fishy way to conduct a survey. Every company that I'm aware of will redirect you to a website that provides survey services.

I don't open emailed attachments, period. Even for trusted sources, I download from a Dropbox, etc. account that I know is theirs. Or I will have them send it via Slack or Skype.

I don't open emailed attachments, period. Even for trusted sources, I download from a Dropbox, etc. account that I know is theirs. Or I will have them send it via Slack or Skype.

Do you have an hat made of aluminon foil on right now?

Did you deduce that from the sender's address? That can be spoofed. To be certain, open the full view of the message headers and track back to the original sender.

I opened the full acsii view and got info from the actual header.
Smart move! Maybe 3% of all email users even know the difference.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!