What's new

Asus TUF-AX3000 V2 and dual wan failover/load balancing?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andrenb

Occasional Visitor
I'm buying two Asus TUF-AX3000 V2 for the okay price of 130$ and going to set them up at my parents house. One as the router and a AiMesh node, they have a 50/50 mbits fibre line and at the most 10ish devices in use over wifi so I think the TUF-AX3000 will suffice their need.

But the spec page for the TUF-AX3000 V2 doesn't mention it supporting dual wan, so I'm wondering if that's something Asus has begun removing from some of their models? Can anyone here using the TUF-AX3000 V2 confirm if supports dual wan with failover/load balancing?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your dual wan question. But are you sure they need that feature? You said your parents have a 50/50 Mbps connection but you didn't say they had a second internet connection. They would have to have two internet connections to use dual wan.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your dual wan question. But are you sure they need that feature? You said your parents have a 50/50 Mbps connection but you didn't say they had a second internet connection. They would have to have two internet connections to use dual wan.
I didn't give all the information in my previous post.

My parents recently got fibre from a new ISP who has had some trouble with delivering a stable line. The ISP has been upfront about the trouble so they get a discount for the time being on the monthly payments and they still use the old VDSL 30/5 mbits as a backup. They have a 10 year old Asus RT-66NU which works remarkably well for it's aget, even with dual wan failover.

I thought I'd upgrade their wifi for better coverage, firmware with proper security updates and had hoped the dual wan failover would work as on the old RT-66NU.

It should support duel wan most do. The issue is most people have issues with it not working as advertised. As always your milage may vary.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!