What's new

Release ASUS TUF-AX5400 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.21224 (2022/10/21)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bummer. Same model or different Asus router? My YouTube and FB are running smoothly.
Interesting. Others with different models (but the same firmware) are having the same problem, but it's not consistent. WAN issue?

Same model, just not smooth exprience for me. Got another user on other forum his TV box stop working on 5ghz afer the upgrade
One last comment. Unless you NEED WireGuard now, there's no urgency to switch to 388. The latest 386 for this router is just one month old.

The ram usage is always like 93-95%. But it is stable.

Wondering if Merlin will be ever supported for this version. I'm not sure if Gnuton version is same.

Wondering if Merlin will be ever supported for this version. I'm not sure if Gnuton version is same.
I believe Gnuton is currently working on 388 Merlin for the TUF AX5400.

RAM thing is a mystery. Wish Asus included better update notes - assuming they changed how they calculate free RAM.

So what is the difference between Gnuton and Merlin versions. Why there is no Marlin version for this router?

So what is the difference between Gnuton and Merlin versions. Why there is no Marlin version for this router?
From a features standpoint, none as far as I can tell. Here’s the latest 386 if you want to try it.

I know of course about the Gnuton version and where is it. But I will not install it. It's a different developer and I don't know about the future support for it and how well it is tested. I would Install Merlin version though, but it doesn't exist. The question is, would be there ever Merlin's take on it?

I know of course about the Gnuton version and where is it. But I will not install it. It's a different developer and I don't know about the future support for it and how well it is tested. I would Install Merlin version though, but it doesn't exist. The question is, would be there ever Merlin's take on it?
I understand now. Doubt Merlin (the developer) will support it as long as Gnuton is developing his Merlin (firmware) fork. Other folks could correct me if I’m wrong.

RMerlin needs help to support as many routers as his (base) firmware does. For example, see @john9527's LTS fork too.

@GNUton is using official RMerlin-based firmware on his projects, along with RMerlin's blessings and help.

Refusing to use @GNUton's firmware is effectively refusing to use RMerlin's work (at your own risk).

Hi. I updated to asuswrt 388, because, afaik, there is no 388 by GNUton yet. But it is in progress.

Using Gnuton's 386.07_2-gnuton1 build on my TUF-AX5400 with great result. @Igs this is a supported fork of AsusWrt Merlin to get some additional routers covered as explained above. I have been on the Gnuton build for more than a month with no issues. In the past, I had some older Asus routers that john9527 supported, and those were also great builds on that fork. Asus has been supporting these forks with GPL. So not sure what the issue is that you are envisioning. Like yourself, I am awaiting the @GNUton builds based on 388 but that requires deliverables from Asus to Gnuton. I did try the 388 build from Asus on my TUF-AX5400, but a) missed the additional feature provided by AsusWrt Merlin and b) did not like the size of the build and mystery around why the firmware doubled in size.

Like yourself, I am awaiting the @GNUton builds based on 388 but that requires deliverables from Asus to Gnuton.

Thats not the case. While Asus does supply Merlin with GPL code they do not supply Gnuton. He just uses Merlins source code from Git Hub for his builds and modifies what he needs to.

Thats not the case. While Asus does supply Merlin with GPL code they do not supply Gnuton. He just uses Merlins source code from Git Hub for his builds and modifies what he needs to.
Gnuton gets the GPL code for his own models directly from Asus as well. While he does rely on me for the general code merge, he handles the merge of the binary blobs for his own models.

Using the last firmware available from Asus for this Router I got out of memory related errors after 10 days without restart. In fact, everyday the percentage of RAM usage was increasing by 1% or 2% per day. Because of that I think is a memory leak related problem.

The out of memory related errors was:
When I was using my internet normally, abrupt I can't access some sites, for example, Amazon Prime Video or Youtube. I tested doing a ping to amazon.com with Unknown Host error. So, I checked my router and in the log was the out of memory error. After a reset the Router is working again (but everyday increasing memory usage)

Attachments

• 2022-11-20 20.56.34.jpg
    2022-11-20 20.56.34.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 2022-11-20 20.56.26.jpg
    2022-11-20 20.56.26.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 115
Using the last firmware available from Asus for this Router I got out of memory related errors after 10 days without restart. In fact, everyday the percentage of RAM usage was increasing by 1% or 2% per day. Because of that I think is a memory leak related problem.

When I was using my internet normally, abrupt I can't access some sites, for example, Amazon Prime Video or Youtube. I tested doing a ping to amazon.com with Unknown Host error. So, I checked my router and in the log was the out of memory error. After a reset the Router is working again (but everyday increasing memory usage)
Yup, for now, sticking with 3.0.0.4.386.50224

Same issue here after 12 days up. Scheduled a weekly reboot…

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!