What's new

Release ASUS TUF-AX5400 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just a small update. Two weeks ago I had an ISP outage and thought the problem was with the tuf-ax5400 and so the first thing I tried was a reboot of the router. Since then, the tuf-ax5400 has been working flawlessly with an ax-55 as a node connected via powerline. I even enabled ddns and traffic analyzer (which was giving me some trouble after a few days of usage in previous firmware versions), and everything is running smoothly. My next step is enabling an OVPN server (when I have time...). Free RAM is currently at 148MB.

Just updated to 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe this morning, and the router began to randomly crash every 10-20 minutes. Ruining my work morning :( Nothing remarkable in the logs, so have no clue what's the matter with new FW.
Thanks to this forum, found previous version FW_TUF_AX5400_COMBO_300438821224 which had not issues apart from not-working Dropbox sync (stuck on INITIAL state forever), and everything's back to normal. Reported this to ASUS.

Prev fw download: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/TUF-AX5400/FW_TUF_AX5400_COMBO_300438821224.zip.zip

Just updated to 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe this morning, and the router began to randomly crash every 10-20 minutes. Ruining my work morning :( Nothing remarkable in the logs, so have no clue what's the matter with new FW.
Thanks to this forum, found previous version FW_TUF_AX5400_COMBO_300438821224 which had not issues apart from not-working Dropbox sync (stuck on INITIAL state forever), and everything's back to normal. Reported this to ASUS.

Prev fw download: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/TUF-AX5400/FW_TUF_AX5400_COMBO_300438821224.zip.zip
Bummer. Glad rolling back helped. Was it a dirty or clean upgrade? Do you have a HDD attached to the USB port? Some folks have reported similar issues when using as a media server.

More details on my upgrade:
- it was a dirty upgrade, as I just recently finally moved on from 10+ y.o. Apple Airport Extreme to a modern router. As you can imagine, never had any FW upgrade issues with Apple routers, so had no idea what's dirty vs clean upgrade until you mentioned it :)
- Yes, I have a USB drive connected, with about 2-3tb worth of music and movies on it. The main reason for attempted FW upgrade was to solve the "INITIAL" problem with Dropbox AICloud sync. To be clear, the most recent firmware did NOT solve this problem either.

So i did "dirty" downgrade yesterday and everything's been good so far. Waiting for ASUS to push a fix.

Hi. Tech noob here (so praying for kindness and understanding from everyone). 🙂

Was having problems since I upgraded to the latest version. Wanted to download this older firmware but when I click on it, the one that gets downloaded is the newest version. Is it still possible to get the older 386 versions?
Ugh, I hate it when Asus does that. Maybe we can help you troubleshoot. Could you tell us more about your problem(s) and current configuration?

Hi. Tech noob here (so praying for kindness and understanding from everyone). 🙂

Was having problems since I upgraded to the latest version. Wanted to download this older firmware but when I click on it, the one that gets downloaded is the newest version. Is it still possible to get the older 386 versions?
Past FW versions are here:

After reading this forum further, I decided to roll back to most recent 386 from that page and no issues so far.

Ugh, I hate it when Asus does that. Maybe we can help you troubleshoot. Could you tell us more about your problem(s) and current configuration?
Hi. Apologies for the late response.

After I updated last February to the latest 388 FW, been getting random wifi disconnections. I had an issue as well with wifi 6 enabled. For some reason my devices (wifi 6 capable ones and those which aren't) would always choose to connect with the 5Ghz even in areas of the house where 2.5Ghz had a stronger signal. When I disable wifi 6, this doesn't happen. Also when I'm at the farthest area of my house where I can still connect with wifi, once I get disconnected, I'm unable to reconnect unless I get near the AX5400 and re-establish the connection. All of these and more did not happen in the previous FWs.

Update: I was able to roll back to the previous FW after trying out kop's shared URL. I guess I'll make sure to check here before excitedly updating FW. (Before this, I only used TP-Link routers and never had issues with FW upgrades that caused problems like this one, was just convinced by a friend to buy an Asus one for the AI mesh thing... So I now have trust issues with Asus updates 😥)

Past FW versions are here:

After reading this forum further, I decided to roll back to most recent 386 from that page and no issues so far.
Oh my. Thank you! This worked for me.

Reverted to the latest 386 as well. 388 headaches gone, finally. Will check feedback now before hurriedly updating.

Reactions: kop

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!