What's new

Release ASUS TUF-AX5400 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dr Mono

Regular Contributor
Last edited:
1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.

Don't have time to test this right now. I wonder if they fixed the memory usage issue.
It's useless to advertise new software without also provide a download link.

You can press the update button in the router.
Of course I can, but it is very difficult to download to the hard drive.
Personally, I want to have control over what I flash my router with.

I edited my post, and the link is now there. I get it, I keep a folder with old firmware in case things go wrong.

I might be paranoid, but I prefer to go to the manufacturer's' page and download the firmware instead of using a forum link. I worry about malicious or inaccurate links.

up and running for 12hs and no problems detected (mesh with a ax55 node). Free RAM at 126MB (75% used). Let's see how it holds or if the memory leak is still present.

up and running for 12hs and no problems detected (mesh with a ax55 node). Free RAM at 126MB (75% used). Let's see how it holds or if the memory leak is still present.
Please keep us posted. Thank you for being the guinea pig :)

@nickie Out of curiosity. Is this with AIProtection on or off? What was the free RAM level right after the update?

@nickie Out of curiosity. Is this with AIProtection on or off? What was the free RAM level right after the update?
with AiProtection on plus some additional parental control settings. Not sure, if the RAM usage was 126 or about 130 (I think it was about 130), but with 386 it also started at about 140 and then went to 130/120 and then around 110/100 after a few weeks of usage.

22h hours after update & reboot.
(no AIProtection active, i don't know TREND MICRO service, so i don't trust them, so they will not scan my traffic):
1676572917937.png

22h hours after update & reboot.
(no AIProtection active, i don't know TREND MICRO service, so i don't trust them, so they will not scan my traffic):
View attachment 48014
Thank you for the update! Unrelated - I think it's so weird that it gives warnings for 10/100 ethernet connections. Many (most?) modern TVs don't use gigabit ports!

Thank you for the update! Unrelated - I think it's so weird that it gives warnings for 10/100 ethernet connections. Many (most?) modern TVs don't use gigabit ports!
It's because my server is connected but offline. Maybe WOL active only?

Running fine for the last 5days, using aiprotection, parental controls and traffic analyser. Free ram at 112mb, which seems fine to me. Router in double nat with my ISP gateway. It seems the memory leak has been solved. It seems to take longer to hop from main to node and vice versa.

Running fine for the last 5days, using aiprotection, parental controls and traffic analyser. Free ram at 112mb, which seems fine to me. Router in double nat with my ISP gateway. It seems they have solved the memory leak. It seems to take longer to hop from main to node and vice versa.
Thank you for the update! Also, thanks for doing the early testing - also @PAPPL

I'll update later today. Based on other threads, the leak was linked to the Network Map and now has been resolved. Fingers crossed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!