What's new

Release ASUS TUF-AX5400 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dr Mono

Regular Contributor

New features:
-Built-in Surfshark in VPN Fusion allows you to surf the internet anonymously and securely from anywhere by encrypting connections. Please refer to https://asus.click/SurfsharkVPN

-iPhone/Android USB auto backup WAN allows you to connect your phone to the router’s USB port and use it as an internet source. Please refer to https://asus.click/AutobackupWAN

-DDNS transfer allows you to transfer your ASUS DDNS hostname from your original router to the new one. Please refer to https://asus.click/ASUSDDNS

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
-Resolved the issue with login and password changes.
-Resolved the IPSec VPN connection issues.
-Resolved the Instant Guard connection issues.
-Fixed the AiCloud login issue after unplugging and plugging the HDD into the USB port.
-Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn't record data.
-Fixed the time display issue for the preferred upgrade time in the Auto Firmware Upgrade function.
-Fine-tuned the description for port status.
-Enabled DynDNS and No-IP DDNS to use IPv6.
-Fixed AiMesh preferred AP identification in site survey results.
-Updated timezone list for Greenland, Mexico, and Iran.
-Modified the USB application option text in dual WAN.
-Allowed WireGuard Server clients to access the Samba server.
-Fixed memory leak issue.
-Enabled the failback function when using the iOS/Android USB backup WAN.
-The ARP response issue has been resolved, along with the connection issue between the router and the ROG Phone 6 and 7.
-Resolved the issue where the USB path is not displayed on the Media Server page in the AiMesh node

Security updates:
-Enabled and supported ECDSA certificates for Let's Encrypt.
-Enhanced protection for credentials.
-Enhanced protection for OTA firmware updates.
-Fixed DoS vulnerabilities in firewall configuration pages. Thanks to Jinghe Gao's contribution.
-Fixed DoS vulerabilities in httpd. Thanks to Howard McGreehan.
-Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Junxu (Hillstone Network Security Research Institute) contribution.
-Fixed CVE-2023-28702 and CVE-2023-28703. Thanks to Xingyu Xu(@tmotfl) contribution.
-Fixed null pointer dereference vulnerabilities. Thanks to Chengfeng Ye, Prism Research Group - cse hkust contribution.
-Fixed the cfg server vulnerability. Thanks to Swing and Wang Duo from Chaitin Security Research Lab.
-Fixed the vulnerability in the logmessage function. Thanks to Swing and Wang Duo from Chaitin Security Research Lab C0ss4ck from Bytedance Wuheng Lab, Feixincheng from X1cT34m.

Well, in my case I noticed free ram coming from about 130mb to 97mbps but stable at that amount. Hopefully it’s not one of those memory leaks, but it bothers me this change in the behavior from one version to another. It’s somehow problem free from the previous version after 5 days, but noticed:
- lower Wi-Fi coverage. In one place I used to get limited wifi but still it was fine, and now it struggles a bit to catch it. But it’s wifi and some neighbors might have changed something in their wifi.
- the Bosch dishwasher wifi no longer connects to the wifi. Maybe a reboot solves this, but need wifi atm. Maybe to be done in the weekend.

Well, in my case I noticed free ram coming from about 130mb to 97mbps but stable at that amount. Hopefully it’s not one of those memory leaks, but it bothers me this change in the behavior from one version to another. It’s somehow problem free from the previous version after 5 days, but noticed:
- lower Wi-Fi coverage. In one place I used to get limited wifi but still it was fine, and now it struggles a bit to catch it. But it’s wifi and some neighbors might have changed something in their wifi.
- the Bosch dishwasher wifi no longer connects to the wifi. Maybe a reboot solves this, but need wifi atm. Maybe to be done in the weekend.
Please keep us posted.

with all the series of firmware 388.xxxxx there is a problem with dlna if you have a lot of videos photos etc... I have more than 50 thousand between photos and videos and with the latest firmware the router restarts every 50 minutes or so and it's because fault of the cache that makes dlna of the files, with the 386 it makes the cache perfectly and it does not restart, the only solution to this is to install a 386 that makes the cache and then install the last 388 for security and such... fix this in the next version. thank you

with all the series of firmware 388.xxxxx there is a problem with dlna if you have a lot of videos photos etc... I have more than 50 thousand between photos and videos and with the latest firmware the router restarts every 50 minutes or so and it's because fault of the cache that makes dlna of the files, with the 386 it makes the cache perfectly and it does not restart, the only solution to this is to install a 386 that makes the cache and then install the last 388 for security and such... fix this in the next version. thank you
Have you tried reporting to Asus through the router? Make sure you include the file system for your drive (e.g. NTFS, exFAT, etc.) Sometimes Linux based operating systems misbehave with non-EXT file systems.

I need Your opinions. I had problem with speed on the WAN port i my previous Asus router.
I consider will buy this model.
But I found one opinion describe the same problem for this model.
One of You maybe had the same problem?

Zdjęcie WhatsApp 2023-06-14 o 17.10.33.jpg

Today I bought and run my RT-AX5400.
At the moment I see two problems:
1. When I change channel WiFi 5GHz router make restart and not runs WiFi 5GHz. (Is not avaiable).
2. Router loses Aimesh with RT-AC58U V3.

I add CFG file and changed to TXT...

Attachments

• Settings_TUF-AX5400.TXT
    71 KB · Views: 44
All 5GHz channels or a specific one? Try something simple like 36. Aimesh is always hit and miss.

How long are you waiting for 5GHz to be available?

We can't read config files. Only the router can.

At the moment, WiFi works correctly. I suppose, problem was with Aimesh mode.
When I removed RT-AC58U V3 from Aimesh, all changes WiFi chanell was correctly (TUF 5400).
When I launched Aimesh network I saw RT-AC58U couse problem, device was avaiable in Aimesh only 1 - 2 minutes ald lost connection.
When I took out and insert WAN cable RT-AC58U connection Aimesh returned on 1-2 minutes and disconnected. I repeated this action several times. The resoult always was the same.
In my experience RT-AC58U V3 works cerrectly only Access Point.
Other mode: Router, Aimesh couses problem with "WAN" port.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-routers-lose-speed-periodically-where-is-the-problem-rt-ac59u-v2-and-rt-ac58u-v3.85373/#post-848114

Now, I see only wrong status connection for "Printer".
I hava network:
TUF RT-AX5400 Main router (192.168.1.1)
- Connection between points: Cable category 5e.
RT-AC58U V3 Access point (192.168.1.2)
Printer is connected WiFi 2,4GHz to Access point (192.168.1.2) and TUF RT-AX5400 show Printer how WiFi connection.
It is not correctly because cennection between points is cable.

Look "DHCP status", only RT-AC58U V3 is not show "correctly".

AX5400
DHCP List.png

DHCP manual.png

RT-AC58U-1.png

RT-AC58U-2.png

Brother.png

I watched HBO, when router lost "WiFi". Connection back to normal after 1 minute.
One Error:
Jun 20 19:59:08 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3363] qos_ops is not registered!

21-06-2022 about 23:00 I turn OFF QOS.
- Now I checked Log is clear.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    486.7 KB · Views: 31
  • syslog(1).txt
    291.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!