What's new

Asus usb disk samba internal copy paste very slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cenktezcan

Occasional Visitor
Hello i wanted to organize my files on my usb hdd attached to asus router. i open the folder from windows network path and copy paste some files to another folder. But it tooks 1mb/seconds speed to copy paste internally . What is happening ? do i need to hook the USB HD and plug it in to my desktop pc ? what is the problem ? Does it copy the files to desktop and send to usb ?

What router, firmware, and USB port (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0) is being used? Is the hard drive USB 3.0 capable? Is the Windows PC connected by WiFi or by Ethernet? Is it still as slow if you use WinSCP, Putty or similar program to copy the files via SSH?

There are a number of reasons the copying could be very slow. But at the end of the day the router is not a NAS.

Router is ac68u. latest merlin firmware. HDD is usb 2.0. it is write / read speed is 40 mb/s . windows is connected via wifi. if i transfer file from samba to windows it is 20 mb/s . windows to samba 20 m/s. samba to samba (internal) 1m/s or 0.2 m/s. i did nt use any third party program. i will try them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!