What's new

ASUS white LED control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can confirm this works on my RT-AC68U white LED has number 10 (I don't know how or why)

to turn off ASUS logo white LED:
Code:
led_ctrl 10 0

to turn on ASUS logo white LED
Code:
led_ctrl 10 1

can anybody else test on their router, does it work with "led_ctrl 10 0 or 1"

Last edited:
I can confirm this works on my RT-AC68U white LED has number 10 (I don't know how or why)

to turn off ASUS logo white LED:
Code:
led_ctrl 10 0

to turn on ASUS logo white LED
Code:
led_ctrl 10 1

can anybody else test on their router, does it work with "led_ctrl 10 0 or 1"

LED IDs are enumerated and not constants in the source code, so they could change between firmware releases.

@RMerlin tnx for the info

shouldn't this code disable (turn off) all LED (including white ASUS logo one on the back of RT-AC68U ?)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nvram set led_disable=1
service restart_leds

I guess that "led_disable=1" should equal to "led_ctrl 1 0, led_ctrl 2 0, and so on..."

@RMerlin tnx for the info

shouldn't this code disable (turn off) all LED (including white ASUS logo one on the back of RT-AC68U ?)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nvram set led_disable=1
service restart_leds

It should, yes.

I guess that "led_disable=1" should equal to "led_ctrl 1 0, led_ctrl 2 0, and so on..."

More or less. It does a bit more than that. Also, some models have a global function that handles all LEDs at once, rather than individually turning them all off separately.

It should, yes.

More or less. It does a bit more than that. Also, some models have a global function that handles all LEDs at once, rather than individually turning them all off separately.
Hi @RMerlin ,

By any chance do you know if on ASUS3200 LED's can be controlled individually? It's got the led_ctrl command, but I've no idea of the LED IDs.

Hi @RMerlin ,

By any chance do you know if on ASUS3200 LED's can be controlled individually? It's got the led_ctrl command, but I've no idea of the LED IDs.

Yes, but not necessarily by led_ctrl. Some LEDs must be controlled using wl, some using gpio access. There is no uniform interface.

It should, yes.
Hi @RMerlin, I've been trying to use said command to turn off all LEDs, but it seems not to be working.

I was able to find through the GT-AX11000's web interface that the command to disable the topmost logo LEDs would be the following one:

nvram set aurargb_enable=0; service restart_aurargb

However, trying to use the command

nvram set led_disable=1; service restart_leds

Seems to have no effect at all to turn off all LEDs.

Given the nvram variable is within my router's nvram show | sort output I think the setting is being applied correctly, but I'm not sure if this particular model uses a different service name compared to the rest of the lineup.

I've been going through the services.c bundled into the GPL release of the stock ASUSWRT firmware, but so far outside of finding the calls to the .h that controls the LEDs I've fallen short of finding a solution.

Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Seems to have no effect at all to turn off all LEDs.

led_disable is unique to my firmware, it won't do anything with stock firmware.

Ok it took me few hours but i have figured it out;)

There is a bug with new official Asus Router app from december and maybe even earier versions (older version didnt have this problem, i have used 2019 one to find out the commands) , to disable top leds on Asus Lyras via ssh just enter

Code:
lp55xx_set_led 305 0 0 0
and ure done.

My setup is AX11000 + 2 asus lyra mini.