What's new

ASUS Wrt RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wouterv

Very Senior Member
ASUS Wrt RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
2018/06/01
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Add Privacy page in Advanced settings.
- Fixed IPv6 bugs.
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port forwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extension channel sync issue.

Installed over the previous version without issues.
Just wondering about "Add Privacy page in Advanced settings", which Advanced settings are meant?

Looks like this

Attachments

• privacy.PNG
    privacy.PNG
    277 KB · Views: 923
WHERE has 'Reducing USB 3.0 interference' gone?

I think some will definitely miss it!
It has often been a useful hint for solving problems with USB devices not connecting (and maybe slow 2.4G Wifi).

WHERE has 'Reducing USB 3.0 interference' gone?

I think some will definitely miss it!
It has often been a useful hint for solving problems with USB devices not connecting (and maybe slow 2.4G Wifi).
In the area for the USB 3 drive there is a drop down to change from USB 2 to 3.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Enable WMM missing deactivate!

It can be set only to enable, on both 68U and 86U the same, there is no deactivate.

What is it for if you can't change it ...?!?

Nobody reported this till now, can it be that this is only on my devices?:confused:

Enable WMM missing deactivate!

It can be set only to enable, on both 68U and 86U the same, there is no deactivate.

What is it for if you can't change it ...?!?

Nobody reported this till now, can it be that this is only on my devices?:confused:
It's the same on my AC3100 as well. WMM has no disable, only enable.

So I think thats a general problem of 21045.

I gave feedback, could some of you do the same please as some would need this to deact for compatibility issues.

RT-AC68U as media bridge on this firmware is still unstable for me. Did factory reset before and after flash, manually configured through web GUI. Just me, or others experiencing the same? It's dropping out several times a day for me.

RT-AC68U as media bridge on this firmware is still unstable for me. Did factory reset before and after flash, manually configured through web GUI. Just me, or others experiencing the same? It's dropping out several times a day for me.

Not on stock firmware, but I’ve experienced the same.

Do you have auto channel width on your main AP?

Not on stock firmware, but I’ve experienced the same.
Do you have auto channel width on your main AP?
I do not control the AP, so I don't know for sure. But I'm manually connecting to the 5ghz band, as both bands are named the same. AP is RT-AC66U with what I believe is multiple years old firmware.

I do not control the AP, so I don't know for sure. But I'm manually connecting to the 5ghz band, as both bands are named the same. AP is RT-AC66U with what I believe is multiple years old firmware.

Reason I ask is because I *think* the instability only started after I changed the AP to auto channel width. I’ll try to dig deeper next time it happens.

Fun fact, changing the AP wireless settings while the media bridge is connected would cause the media bridge to reboot. Probably due to a kernel panic, didn’t look closely.

Reason I ask is because I *think* the instability only started after I changed the AP to auto channel width. I’ll try to dig deeper next time it happens.

Fun fact, changing the AP wireless settings while the media bridge is connected would cause the media bridge to reboot. Probably due to a kernel panic, didn’t look closely.

Interesting. I also had my channel for 2.4 set to auto and during the last instability i changed it to channel 7 and its been rock solid since. My current weekly hypothesis is that the auto channel selection and interference detection is not working correctly. I don't think i've seen the router change its channel after a reboot and although the inteference shows as acceptable, as soon as i changed the channel the wireless was rock solid with no other changes or even a full reboot.

Interesting. I also had my channel for 2.4 set to auto and during the last instability i changed it to channel 7 and its been rock solid since.

I was actually referring to 5 Ghz and the instability of a 68U in media bridge mode. Now with a set channel + width 68U stops getting stuck.

As for 2.4 Ghz, I'm really not sure now, and don't think a set channel is the answer here. I've been using channel 11 and 20Hz and still have problems with it. A Realtek network card would simply reset after I enter the WPA2 password for authentication.

So earlier this year, I had to revert to Version 3.0.0.4.384.21045 because I couldn’t connect in repeater mode due to the new mesh. Does this latest version work as a repeater from a Fios router driving the bus?

I have a AiMesh setup with 3 nodes: RT-AC88UAP, RT-AC88U node and RT-AC86U node.

I tried to upgrade latest release version 3.0.0.4.384.21045 and figured out that there are many case that the Wifi is good and connected but suddenly cannot ping my router/AP/nodes, Wifi still connected properly with full strength signal.

Then I rolled back to my latest stable version: RT-AC88U 9.0.0.4.384_631-g0a12a95, RT-AC86U 3.0.0.4.384_20942-ge38bead

I will check again to see if factory reset helps when I have time. Or if you may figure out the problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!