What's new

Asus XD4 (zenwifi XD4) on AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mekabe remain

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I have a AC88U router and 1 Lyra Mini connected as AiMesh node. That's covering most of my home. but in one room I have very weak coverage.
So I want to add another AiMesh node.

On the other hand, I want to have Wifi 6 and don't prefer to buy another old protocol node.

I saw the XD4 (Asus Zenwifi Mini) with Wifi 6.

It seems a nice replacement to Lyra mini and it brings Wifi 6, if I read correct.

My question is, "Can I add this to my AC88U , and manage it as a part of my AiMesh ?"
If that is possible, my mesh will have 1 AC88U and 3 XD4 , so main router does not have Wifi 6 connectivity.
What happens in such case ?
Shall I be able to use Wifi 6 (AX bands) ?

It does look interesting. Where can you buy just one to add to an existing aimesh setup?

I just got my set of Zenwifi mini (XD4)
I connected them as 3 nodes to my Aimesh managed by AC88U

Now I wonder:
1. Shall I be able to use Wifi 6 (or AX) features of Zenwifi mini ? (how can I test it?)
2. On the Asus Router app , I see my Wifi6 client (Note 10 plus phone) connected with 5Ghz interface. Is this normal ? How does the real Wifi 6 nodes show ?
3. Is there a way to differenciate on Samsung Note 10 plus , Wifi 6 (AX) from AC ?
4. I connected all nodes via ethernet. Is it possible to understand the quality of connection ?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!