What's new

Asus XT8 - Wireless clients are faster than clients wired to node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TBONE204

Regular Contributor
Hi there,
i have a work setup wired directly to my XT8 node. I'm currently using wireless backhaul and the latest firmware. When I'm running speedtest on my 2013 Macbook Pro using wifi (Wifi 5), I get double the throughput that I do with my windows work laptop (HP Probook, 2020) that is wired. I figured whatever latency, from wifi to node, would be eliminated by wiring directly but I'm seeing half the throughput. Both laptops are located on the same desk?

Any suggestions?

Are you sure the WiFi computer is connected to the wired node?

I have turned off wifi on the computer I've wired to the node (HP) and I can confirm the computer I am connecting with wifi (MacBook pro) is connecting to the same node, but using wifi. Yet the speedtest numbers from the wifi computer are doubling the numbers from the wired computer.

In this scenario, it could very well be the driver for (presumably) the dongle you have connected to your laptop

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!