Asus XT8 - Wireless clients are faster than clients wired to node

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

TBONE204

Regular Contributor
Hi there,
i have a work setup wired directly to my XT8 node. I'm currently using wireless backhaul and the latest firmware. When I'm running speedtest on my 2013 Macbook Pro using wifi (Wifi 5), I get double the throughput that I do with my windows work laptop (HP Probook, 2020) that is wired. I figured whatever latency, from wifi to node, would be eliminated by wiring directly but I'm seeing half the throughput. Both laptops are located on the same desk?

Any suggestions?

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
Are you sure the WiFi computer is connected to the wired node?

TBONE204

Regular Contributor
I have turned off wifi on the computer I've wired to the node (HP) and I can confirm the computer I am connecting with wifi (MacBook pro) is connecting to the same node, but using wifi. Yet the speedtest numbers from the wifi computer are doubling the numbers from the wired computer.

Piel

Occasional Visitor
In this scenario, it could very well be the driver for (presumably) the dongle you have connected to your laptop

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!