What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22127

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the ET12 im really thinking about ditching ASUS all together. This router updates are poor for being so expensive. IPV6 passthrough has issues and no fix yet

Yes, there is. No timeframe is available. Asus can only offer these updates as it can and doesn't predict when they'll materialize (they don't have infinite resources).
Hi L&LD, I have much appreciation for your comments since I have seen you here for a a few years now. I am not sure if your statement about Asus not having infinite resources came out as pure analysis or if you were bothered. However, from the Asus router that I owned before, they would get updates six to eight months apart. It was not until the product support ended that the updates stopped coming. So in this case, XT12, I am not sure what’s going on? I did some research and it seems like all the firmware for various devices utilize the same version for mesh devices. Is it because Asus is trying to unify all updates for all mesh at the same time?

That statement is made mostly from what RMerlin himself has stated over the years in this forum. No, I'm not bothered, just passing on information as best I can.

You may be right that they're trying to unify firmware though. Something similar in that vein has been mentioned here too.

I think the delay has more to due with the fact that Asus need to figure out where they messed up the code in 3.0.0.6 when they added the pro features.
Some of the options are now messed up like, for example, the 160 channel bandwidth option is missing in all the betas.
Another issue is when you try to select a specific channel for 2.4 band it goes back to auto after you apply your change. I think it happens on the 5 GHz channels as well.

I know running the latest beta my traffic analyser stopped working properly, I still keep looking for updates and every month that passes without one makes me wonder if they've got a serious issue some where.

I know running the latest beta my traffic analyser stopped working properly, I still keep looking for updates and every month that passes without one makes me wonder if they've got a serious issue some where.
Which beta are you running?
There was a 9.0.0.6.102_21517 but then it was removed from the site.
The download link listed in the 9.0.0.6.102_21517 thread still works if you want to try it.

9.0.0.xxx is Beta software.

Of course, they're doing more (depending on the model we're talking about) behind the scenes, but it may seem like that to a small portion of the general public.

Hi all, about 3 months ago I switched from XT8’s, which over a 2 year period had a multitude of issues, to XT12’s. My XT12’s had firmware 49723, which has been rock solid with uptimes of 30 or more days with no issues.

So my question is, if no one is running this firmware. What is everyone running? Because new firmwares of XT8s would always break something, I am very hesitant to upgrade. Any recommendations?

I am using fw 2.372

My Current x12 router sw is: 3.0.0.4.388_21678.
Latest non beta version is: 3.0.0.4.388_22127

I am too scared to move higher as I don't know if they be unstable or not.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!