What's new

Asustor Launches ADM 3.0 Via Online Update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
asustor-adm-3.jpg
Previously in beta, Asustor’s ADM 3.0 is now available to customers via online firmware update.

From the company’s official announcement, the user interface seems to be getting the biggest changes, including several new features to the UI’s looks and functionality. This includes a customizable desktop environment with better icon layout configurations, background themes, app icon grouping, and restorable desktop snapshots.

Additional desktop changes include updated widgets for Storage Manager and Activity Monitor intended to improve system status visibility in real-time. Additionally, the login screen can now display system messages, online help and app shortcuts.

For entertainment and digital lifestyles, Asustor ADM 3.0 also enhances its photo browsing and music playing using the ADM’s File Explorer applet.

Asustor EasyConnect, a new feature in ADM, is a passthrough function that lets clients connect to ADM 3.0 powered NAS devices even if they’re on a different network. Accessible through the mobile app or the downloadable Windows utility, customers can connect to their NAS remotely to access data and features.

Lastly, ADM 3.0 integrates Seagate’s IronWolf Health Management diagnostics tool, reporting on drive health, and environmental conditions like humidity and temperature. IronWolf gives Asustor NAS owners a heads-up if current conditions warrant any preventative actions to protect their data and device.

More information about Asustor’s ADM 3.0 is available on the company’s website.

Maybe one of these days a comparison between ADM and DSM?
The functions are very similar after skimming through ADM live demo. However, I think Synology is more serious about making secure DSM as there are Security Scan every major update and Security Audits for its applications/OS, which might be the reasons Synology update its application more. But having a full comparison between the two would be nice.

I have upgraded to 3.0.0. R8N2 and how wrong I was.

my web server is not working anymore, it just keep saying server error 500.

plex and smb works, so no problem accessing your files,

but myphpadmin, chive and phppgadmin are not working so no go in database.

asustor support does not excist.

Make sure to upgrade all installed apps as well. The firmware includes new nginx and Apache versions (Apache 2.4 is actually a major update which might require changes to existing htaccess files.)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Make sure to upgrade all installed apps as well. The firmware includes new nginx and Apache versions (Apache 2.4 is actually a major update which might require changes to existing htaccess files.)

apps are updated.

ok, I have removed the htaccess file and it did bring me to the right direction. thanks

however, I'm lost in regards to changing the directives.

here is my old one:

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

how do I change it for apache 2.4.25?

apps are updated.

ok, I have removed the htaccess file and it did bring me to the right direction. thanks

however, I'm lost in regards to changing the directives.

here is my old one:

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]

how do I change it for apache 2.4.25?

Those are mod_rewrite rules, I don't remember any syntax change in mod_rewrite between 2.2 and 2.4. The biggest change is with authentication/ACL (the "allow from / deny from" type of rules). That syntax is no longer part of 2.4, unless you load a compatibility module (no idea if Asustor include that module).

If you have nothing else than mod_rewrite rules, make sure mod_rewrite is actually loaded.

Those are mod_rewrite rules, I don't remember any syntax change in mod_rewrite between 2.2 and 2.4. The biggest change is with authentication/ACL (the "allow from / deny from" type of rules). That syntax is no longer part of 2.4, unless you load a compatibility module (no idea if Asustor include that module).

If you have nothing else than mod_rewrite rules, make sure mod_rewrite is actually loaded.

thanks for the follow up. I have sorted it out.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=extension/feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=extension/feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^system/storage/(.*) index.php?route=error/not_found [L]

I do not really know what happened but all sorted now, I can use myphpadmin, chive and other apps. I'm a happy bunny. :)

I make today an update from 3.0.0. R8N2 to the new firmware on my 6204 and now s3 won't work. I there a chance to downgrade to 3.0.0. R8N2 where s3 works fine?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!