What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.30_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Specific to RT-AC66U.

Thank you RMerlin! I that case it seems to be useful to upgrade. My configuration is RT-N66U with OpenVPN server (TAP interface), no USB disks, three wired devices (2 PCs and NAS), several wireless devices (2 laptops and some smartphones) and one USB printer, No QoS, no IPv6. I am very happy with 270.26b. What is your opinion about PROs and CONs to upgrade?

I flashed to 3.0.04.372.30_2 firmware, but the bug with IE and showing the Client Status is still there. Pic 1 shows after I click the Clients icon on the Network Map page. I left it there for 45 minutes and as you can see from the pic, it's still just showing the Refresh button with the cursor thing circling. Pic 2 shows after I click the refresh button a few times and the message "Searching, please wait..." appears. After that the client list will show.

This only happens with IE 10, no problem with Google Chrome. Also Windows 8 Pro 64bit and the RT-N66U router.

Thank you for your time....

Same issue here with W7 64bit and IE10.

Thank you RMerlin! I that case it seems to be useful to upgrade. My configuration is RT-N66U with OpenVPN server (TAP interface), no USB disks, three wired devices (2 PCs and NAS), several wireless devices (2 laptops and some smartphones) and one USB printer, No QoS, no IPv6. I am very happy with 270.26b. What is your opinion about PROs and CONs to upgrade?

Depends on what you use. There has been numerous bugfixes since 270.26b, especially around OpenVPN and Per IP traffic monitoring. If you use either of these, you should definitely upgrade.

I've had one report of issues related to OpenVPN TAP - I haven't had time to try to reproduce it yet.

Best is to check the changelog, and see if any of the documented changes are important to your own needs.

RMerlin,

Thank you for great work.

My previous version on (RT-N66U) was: 3.0.0.4.270.26
I flashed successfully to 3.0.0.4_372.30_2.

Did i have to clear nvram?

This is recommended when coming from a 3.0.0.4.2xx build.

Also, i noticed while pinging goole.com or any other side using WinMTR, there is about 2-3% packet loss on first HOP. (Should i be concerned about this?)

Thank you!

If the packet losses are random then this is usually abnormal, unless your ISP's routers are overloaded, and dropping ICMP PING packets (this isn't uncommon, as these are considered very low priority). If they only happen on the same hop, then this is probably the case. If however the packet losses appear randomly at different steps of the route, then this could indicate a problem. Try power cycling your modem in that case.

Any XBox user tried this new FW yet? Does the XBox optimization option still works for you?

hello
first thanks for the roms and updates!
is there anyway to add up the per device download and upload to a total of all devices connected . I know it is not a required feature but it would be nice or maybe just the total monthly of all devices . I have about 12+ devices and have to get out my calculator haha.
if not no problems I like how this works and how you update it.
thanks

hello
first thanks for the roms and updates!
is there anyway to add up the per device download and upload to a total of all devices connected . I know it is not a required feature but it would be nice or maybe just the total monthly of all devices . I have about 12+ devices and have to get out my calculator haha.
if not no problems I like how this works and how you update it.
thanks

Monthly total is already there (in addition to the daily total that is part of the original Asus FW).

This is recommended when coming from a 3.0.0.4.2xx build.

If the packet losses are random then this is usually abnormal, unless your ISP's routers are overloaded, and dropping ICMP PING packets (this isn't uncommon, as these are considered very low priority). If they only happen on the same hop, then this is probably the case. If however the packet losses appear randomly at different steps of the route, then this could indicate a problem. Try power cycling your modem in that case.

Thank you for answering.

so far, i don't see any problems, so, i will just leave it as it is.

I don't see any packet loss as well.

Thank you for your time.

Damir

Depends on what you use. There has been numerous bugfixes since 270.26b, especially around OpenVPN and Per IP traffic monitoring. If you use either of these, you should definitely upgrade.

I've had one report of issues related to OpenVPN TAP - I haven't had time to try to reproduce it yet.

Best is to check the changelog, and see if any of the documented changes are important to your own needs.

My OpenVPN problem is also for TAP.

what is the best method to nvram stuff reset etc after I upgrade.

Thanks

If coming from an older Asuswrt(-Merlin) version, after you have flashed the new version, just go to the System -> Settings tag, and click on Restore. The router will reboot with the new default settings.

is there a bug in the firmware as everytime I save port forwarding the router goes to factory defaults. N66

Seems all fine now flashed a few times and did reset too.

although I added my port forwarding one at a time and saved it.

every time I did 7-8 together it seem to reboot the router to factory default

I still using 3.0.0.4.270.26 RT-AC66U Dont have any issues i know about either only thing i can think of is ps3 report router dont support fragments and fails speed tests (PS3 connection test) with QoS on ,but it downloads fine far as i can tell. Other then people say they cant connect to router VIA wireless which is almost always fixed by reported there device. Far as i can wifi dont stop being sent out unless i reboot the router, Which dont even do maybe once month manually

should i bother to update it? or just leave it be. I think leave it be for now

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work! My wireless seems to be connecting at a faster speed now.

The only issue I had was setting both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz tx power at the same time reverted the router to factory defaults. I set them one at a time and now all is well.

If coming from an older Asuswrt(-Merlin) version, after you have flashed the new version, just go to the System -> Settings tag, and click on Restore. The router will reboot with the new default settings.

I was unable to connect to the web interface or wireless after upgrading from 354.29. I had to reset it with the button.

Last edited:
OpenVPN does not work, tried to reinstall keys - get hung up

Merlin

Thanks so much for your great firmware. I have been on many versions include .26. OpenVPN has consistently worked great. I upgraded to 30_2 and could not start the OpenVPN servers. I tried to resave by selecting APPLY the keys and received the message "Proceeding" for many minutes and then I rebooted from the router. I re-installed the keys from scratch, (cut and paste from my computer files) and the same thing happened. Any suggestions.

I have the AC66U

:(

After installing 372.30_2 I am having sporadic issues connecting to other machines on the same network as my router using Chrome Remote Desktop. Is anyone else experiencing this. I'm going to reflash the 29-BETA1 to see if it fixes it.

My router is the AC66U.

Merlin

Thanks so much for your great firmware. I have been on many versions include .26. OpenVPN has consistently worked great. I upgraded to 30_2 and could not start the OpenVPN servers. I tried to resave by selecting APPLY the keys and received the message "Proceeding" for many minutes and then I rebooted from the router. I re-installed the keys from scratch, (cut and paste from my computer files) and the same thing happened. Any suggestions.

I have the AC66U

:(

Some people mentioned running into issues when using the TAP interface. I didn't have time to look into it yet - I'm too busy with work to do any debugging for the next week or two.

Some people mentioned running into issues when using the TAP interface. I didn't have time to look into it yet - I'm too busy with work to do any debugging for the next week or two.

Hi Merlin I did a few test with the OpneVPN and I had problem on starting the service only when I generated the Keys with the 64bit ( windows 7) package,
now with the 32bit server is up.
I will test the client later on.
:)

(RT-AC66U and 372.30_2_DW)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!