What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.37 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Howdy folks,

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.37 is now available for download for RT-AC56U and RT-AC68U.

Update: N16, N66U and AC66U releases delayed while I figure out a USB issue that only occurs on these models.

Highlights:
  • Merged with Asus GPL 374.501. This new code introduce a newer SDK for the AC56/AC68, resolving various wireless issues. Asus also updated some other components, and improved IPv6 and Parental Control.
  • Various webui improvements to the Wireless Log page (merged features between Asus and Asuswrt-Merlin), Forwarding page (reports if forwards are from webui or UPnP) and the VPN Status page
  • Fixed various issues related to OpenVPN.

Also, this includes the following from 374.36 Beta 1 (for those not keeping track of beta releases):

• New feature: postconf scripts. These allow you to manipulate a config file through a user script. It will allow you, for example, to use "sed" to replace an entry in a router-generated config file with something else. Please see the README for the details on how to use them and which postconf files are available.
  • Numerous fixes and adjustments were done to the Networkmap process. A few bugs related to the DLNA scanning were fixed, which can greatly speed up the scanning process for some users. Timings were also adjusted to resolve the issues of missing devices
  • Dropbear was updated to 2013.62. This version adds ECDSA support. Asuswrt-Merlin will now generate both the RSA and ECDSA host keys. You will also be able to use a public ECDSA key to log into the router.
  • A few additional tweaks to OpenVPN. For instance, if the router has its own client/server key that were automatically generated by the FW but you replace the CA cert later on, it will no longer use those stored cert/key in an exported ovpn config file (since it won't match anymore with your provided CA cert).
  • At least one user was having stability issues with PPPoE. I have seen other reports from Tomato users having similar issues, which were resolved by downgrading rp-pppoe to version 3.10. I decided to downgrade rp-pppoe to that version (same version Asus used until build 354) to see if it does work better.

Also, note that the RT-N66U SDK5 builds are no longer considered Experimental, and have been moved to a new sub-folder called "SDK5" inside of the RT-N66U folder. As a reminder: these builds use an older wireless driver that might not be as optimized, but it will provide a stronger wireless signal.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Howdy folks,

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.37 is now available for download on all supported models.

Highlights:
  • Merged with Asus GPL 374.501. This new code introduce a newer SDK for the AC56/AC68, resolving various wireless issues. Asus also updated some other components, and improved IPv6 and Parental Control.
  • Various webui improvements to the Wireless Log page (merged features between Asus and Asuswrt-Merlin), Forwarding page (reports if forwards are from webui or UPnP) and the VPN Status page
  • Fixed various issues related to OpenVPN.

Also, this includes the following from 374.36 Beta 1 (for those not keeping track of beta releases):

• New feature: postconf scripts. These allow you to manipulate a config file through a user script. It will allow you, for example, to use "sed" to replace an entry in a router-generated config file with something else. Please see the README for the details on how to use them and which postconf files are available.
  • Numerous fixes and adjustments were done to the Networkmap process. A few bugs related to the DLNA scanning were fixed, which can greatly speed up the scanning process for some users. Timings were also adjusted to resolve the issues of missing devices
  • Dropbear was updated to 2013.62. This version adds ECDSA support. Asuswrt-Merlin will now generate both the RSA and ECDSA host keys. You will also be able to use a public ECDSA key to log into the router.
  • A few additional tweaks to OpenVPN. For instance, if the router has its own client/server key that were automatically generated by the FW but you replace the CA cert later on, it will no longer use those stored cert/key in an exported ovpn config file (since it won't match anymore with your provided CA cert).
  • At least one user was having stability issues with PPPoE. I have seen other reports from Tomato users having similar issues, which were resolved by downgrading rp-pppoe to version 3.10. I decided to downgrade rp-pppoe to that version (same version Asus used until build 354) to see if it does work better.

Also, note that the RT-N66U SDK5 builds are no longer considered Experimental, and have been moved to a new sub-folder called "SDK5" inside of the RT-N66U folder. As a reminder: these builds use an older wireless driver that might not be as optimized, but it will provide a stronger wireless signal.

Enjoy!

Very nice New Year 2014 present RMerlin :)

Happy New Year and wish you and your family all the best in 2014 :)

1st bug to report on my n66u, it shows no usb devises on the main index page, I launched the app and they both show there. tried a reboot but not full wipe.

1st bug to report on my n66u, it shows no usb devises on the main index page, I launched the app and they both show there. tried a reboot but not full wipe.

back on 3.0.0.4.374.36_beta1 with no problems.

Same issue for me, my USB drive no longer shows on the main page, it still works though. Router = AC66u

it breaks AI cloud as well.

AiCloud also works for me on both the AC68 and AC66U (that was the last thing I actually tested today before the release).

I can confirm that the USB disk does fail to display on the index page however on the AC66 (but it shows properly on the AC68U). Asus did quite a few changes related to USB handling in 374.501, something might be broken specifically on MIPS devices. I'll have to dig deeper.

I'll pull the N16/N66/AC66 releases while I figure out what's going on, as at a first glance I have no clue as to why the disk does get mounted, but it doesn't get fully processed by the firmware.

@Merlin any idea when you will have the time to figure out whats the issue is with the new release? I want to flash it but will wait if there are issues. Thanks and Happy New Year !!

This USB device bug also affecting my MFP (Pixma MG5370). No problem with printing, scanning, or accessing memory card drive from network via USB router. But without USB device and printer indicator at the RT-N66U, I can't use the monopoly printer mode.

@Merlin any idea when you will have the time to figure out whats the issue is with the new release? I want to flash it but will wait if there are issues. Thanks and Happy New Year !!

No idea. Asus rewrote the whole USB handling code in 501, and as usual there is no comment at all throughout the code, which means I have to understand that code first before I can even begin to figure out where's the problem. I've already put a good two or three hours just on that first step of understanding the code.

No idea. Asus rewrote the whole USB handling code in 501, and as usual there is no comment at all throughout the code, which means I have to understand that code first before I can even begin to figure out where's the problem. I've already put a good two or three hours just on that first step of understanding the code.

I understand Merlin it must be a headache for you dealing with all of the new and the old. Take a break and enjoy New Years Eve !!

Hey Merlin,

Just take a break, man! It is New Year Day! Thank you very much indeed for your fine work! Happy New Year!

hi Merlin, after installed this firmware i noticed that my 5ghz status light blinking really weird, like in and out not like usage blinking, and it blink even when nothing using that band. my router is rt-ac68u by the way.

hi Merlin, after installed this firmware i noticed that my 5ghz status light blinking really weird, like in and out not like usage blinking, and it blink even when nothing using that band. my router is rt-ac68u by the way.

Yes I noticed it too since 35_2.

@ RMerlin, upgraded the firmware from .454 to this and I noticed the 5GHz signal strength is noticeably weaker.

I've 2 media bridges (RT-AC56U and Cisco E4200 Tomato Shibby 117) and both reported quite a significant reduction in throughput on this (5GHz) band.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!