What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

N66u - Merlin's 374.41

I cannot change frequency on the 2.4GHz band. It is currently set to 6, but WiFi Analyzer (Android app on my Nexus 7 2013) shows Ch1. When I change channel in the GUI, it does not change in Analyzer.

UPDATE:- The channel only changes if the mode is set to 20MHz. If set to 40 MHz, channel defaults to 1. Assuming that the 5GHz channel showing when one hovers the cursor over the green wireless symbol is correct, the router is also stuck on channel 36 - nothing I can do changes it.

I only noticed this as I am having probs getting 5GHz to work. Don't know if it's the router, but Amazon sending a replacement.

Last edited:
Thanks again Merlin and Happy Easter to you as well!

Cheers!

when using 40MHz you are using two channels.

so 1 and 5 on the 2,4 If control channel =1 and extension channels is= above

and 36 and 40 on 5GHz

see: http://www.radiocomms.com.au/articles/63766-8-2-11-speed-versus-width-on-8-MHz-channels

I know this very well. There was NO extra channel use on the 40MHz setting, just a total inability to use any channel other than 1, irrespective of the channel setting in the GUI.

Nothing I could do would shift the 5GHz channel. There is no option other than 'auto' for the extension channel on this band, maybe because it is stuck on the lowest available frequency.

Operating locale set to GB, 'cos that is where I am.

Last edited:
N66u - Merlin's 374.41

I cannot change frequency on the 2.4GHz band.

Works without problems here.

I can switch to any channel I want, using 20 or 40MHz.
Checked with inSSIDer.

Don't forget RMerlin on this subject:

As usual, wireless stability is something completely out of my control. If you have issues, start by disabling Beamforming support on BOTH radio bands, in case your clients might simply not be compatible. If you still have issues, go through the usual: check the channel you are using, don't use 40 MHz channel width if your 2.4 GHz band is overcrowded, delete and recreate the wireless connection profile on your clients, and as a last resort try a factory default reset + manual reconfiguration. A lot issues can be resolved by these steps, and they have nothing to do with the router's wireless driver itself.

Last edited:
What's beamforming? Is it trying to send signal toward the device before it send signal anywhere else?

Do I reset using the power and.WPS after upgrade or just go into the Webgui and click factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone

Do we have to guess which router you use?

Also works here with no issues can select any channel 20 or 40 MHz. Maybe try and reflash if you can't fix it.

Glad to hear that others are not having the same issue. However, some of those saying that do not seem to be using the same router that I am, which is the N66U.

Getting a replacement router from Amazon in a few days.

I did delete and recreate the wireless connections when upgrading to the newer SDK6 firmwares (as well as a full reconfigure of the router).

Last edited:
Also works here with no issues can select any channel 20 or 40 MHz. Maybe try and reflash if you can't fix it.

My router is the N66U as stated earlier.

You should go into your account here and make a signature of your router type and the firmware your using. Then that information will be in every post you make. Good Luck !

WiFi channel switcher works fine here too on my dear old RT-N16.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Operating locale set to GB, 'cos that is where I am.

Is there a setting within the RT-N66U/Merlin GUI for locale? Only I don't recall seeing one, on this or earlier versions. I'm in GB too but the only relevant settings I'm aware of are English for the language and GMT (Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London) for the time zone. Have I missed something?

For what it's worth, I was using channel 1 with the stock Asus firmware and still am with 374.41, but the other channels do show up as available.

I'm new to the world of Asus routers but already like my RT-N66U a lot - and am very grateful to Merlin for all his work.

p

odd messages in log, ipv6 related?

seeing this in logs fairly often (once every 30 minutes?), Comcast ipv6 on RT-n66u. RMerlin, others, any ideas?

Apr 19 08:08:57 rc_service: dhcp6c-state 923:notify_rc start_radvd
Apr 19 08:08:57 rc_service: dhcp6c-state 923:notify_rc start_httpd
Apr 19 08:08:57 rc_service: waitting "start_radvd" via dhcp6c-state ...
Apr 19 08:08:57 radvd[914]: Exiting, sigterm or sigint received.
Apr 19 08:08:57 radvd[914]: sending stop adverts
Apr 19 08:08:57 radvd[914]: removing /var/run/radvd.pid
Apr 19 08:08:57 radvd[928]: version 1.10.0 started
Apr 19 08:08:58 rc_service: dhcp6c-state 933:notify_rc start_radvd
Apr 19 08:08:58 rc_service: waitting "start_httpd" via ...
Apr 19 08:08:58 RT-N66U: start httpd
Apr 19 08:08:59 rc_service: dhcp6c-state 933:notify_rc start_httpd
Apr 19 08:08:59 rc_service: waitting "start_radvd" via dhcp6c-state ...
Apr 19 08:08:59 radvd[931]: Exiting, sigterm or sigint received.
Apr 19 08:08:59 radvd[931]: sending stop adverts
Apr 19 08:08:59 radvd[931]: removing /var/run/radvd.pid
Apr 19 08:08:59 radvd[938]: version 1.10.0 started
Apr 19 08:09:00 RT-N66U: start httpd

Is there a setting within the RT-N66U/Merlin GUI for locale?
p

No need for anyone to respond. I've now found a related thread from a few weeks ago and understand that there are wireless settings in nvram which include my 'country code' and 'regulation domain' (EU). I have no desire to change them; wireless coverage with my RT-N66U is (so far) a lot better than I got with my BT Home Hub 5, and reaches well enough around house and garden.

Happy Easter to all.

p

I'm looking for the easter egg. There has to be one. This is Merlin.

Question:
Is Common Name hard coded into openvpn server?

If you let the router generate the certificates for you, yes. You can still generate your own certificates and provide them instead of the automatically generated ones.

N66u - Merlin's 374.41

I cannot change frequency on the 2.4GHz band. It is currently set to 6, but WiFi Analyzer (Android app on my Nexus 7 2013) shows Ch1. When I change channel in the GUI, it does not change in Analyzer.

UPDATE:- The channel only changes if the mode is set to 20MHz. If set to 40 MHz, channel defaults to 1. Assuming that the 5GHz channel showing when one hovers the cursor over the green wireless symbol is correct, the router is also stuck on channel 36 - nothing I can do changes it.

This has been frequently reported in the past few months. It's probably a problem within the wireless driver specific to the RT-N66U, nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!