What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

uploaded.net issues since upgrade to 374.40/1

Hi Merlin,
Let me start by saying that I love your work, pimping my router like no one else can ;)
I've encountered an issue that I don't know how to approach to and fix.
I have the RT-N66U for a while now with your fw 3.0.0.4.372.31, I recently upgraded the fw to your 3.0.0.4.374.40 and then to 3.0.0.4.374.41 (a huge leap I know), only to find out that I'm getting some download issues, specifically with 'Uploaded.net'. with 372.31 I can achieve maximum speed and resume capability with my downloads (all is well) but when I moved to 3.0.0.4.374.40/1 trouble immerged, I can no longer download from 'uploaded.net' (using IDM or JDownloader) a file with more then 1 chunk, suddenly I have no resume capability and top speed of 900kb/s (used to be 12mb/s), when I'm bypassing the RT-N66U i.e. connected through my ISP's modem and a dialer everything is working like it should. kinda weird. I haven't found any info about this issue in the forum; I've taken all the necessary steps that are needed to perform the fw upgrade in the best way (hard reset, reconfiguring the router manually etc.). Needless to say that when I downgrade back to 372.31 all is well again :)
Am I missing something? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Manu

Here is what I'm seeing on my RT-AC68U:

logging has a broken setting I think.

"Logged packets type" will only be set to Dropped, when I try to set it to Both. Confirmed fixed when I revert to ASUS 5047.

Merlin - any chance you've seen this? I think the Logging issue is a bug. Just trying to confirm others are seeing this as well.

Don't know if it helps, but after upgrading from 374.40 to 374.41 my wan speed went down from over 750 Mbps to under 650 Mbps.

Then use me as guine pig to test it and find flaws. With DD-WRT firmware and on any past routers, the repeater mode is very simple; change it to Client Bridge and everything works, even all WiFi settings are present.

So let's work together to make the firmware even better.

It's not about needing things to be tested, it's about making settings available that will not work, and constantly having to answer the same support questions over and over about why they do not work.

Hi Merlin,
Let me start by saying that I love your work, pimping my router like no one else can ;)
I have the RT-N66U for a while now with your fw 3.0.0.4.372.31, I recently upgraded the fw to your 3.0.0.4.374.40 and then to 3.0.0.4.374.41 (a huge leap I know), only to find out that I'm getting some download issues, specifically with 'Uploaded.net'. with 372.31 I can achieve maximum speed and resume capability with my downloads (all is well) but when I moved to 3.0.0.4.374.40/1 trouble immerged, I can no longer download from 'uploaded.net' (using IDM or JDownloader) a file with more then 1 chunk, suddenly I have no resume capability and top speed of 900kb/s (used to be 12mb/s), when I'm bypassing the RT-N66U i.e. connected through my ISP's modem and a dialer everything is working like it should. kinda weird. I haven't found any info about this issue in the forum; I've taken all the necessary steps that are needed to perform the fw upgrade in the best way (hard reset, reconfiguring the router manually etc.). Needless to say that when I downgrade back to 372.31 all is well again :)

Thanks,
Manu

You need to do a factory default reset and manually reconfigure your router when doing such a major jump in version. The wireless driver has radically changed since 372.31.

You will also need to delete and recreate your wireless connection profile on your clients to ensure Windows gets fresh values for its lowlevel connection settings.

Merlin - any chance you've seen this? I think the Logging issue is a bug. Just trying to confirm others are seeing this as well.

I did not have time to test it yet.

You need to do a factory default reset and manually reconfigure your router when doing such a major jump in version. The wireless driver has radically changed since 372.31.

You will also need to delete and recreate your wireless connection profile on your clients to ensure Windows gets fresh values for its lowlevel connection settings.

@RMerlin, as mentioned above I did a factory reset and manually reconfigure my router, the issue with "Uploaded.net" start even right after the FW upgrade and factory default reset with ISP username and pw configured in the router via a wired connection to the router no Wi-Fi is in use for that matter.

I hope i made myself clear this time ;)
any thoughts?
Thanks,
Manu

Are you sure you have the country code correct??? ;)

it was me who gave Dr-T the complete list of cisco supported country codes (I got sent this from work a few years ago) so forgive a 7am typo if i put the wrong code in :)

I found from one update to the next I needed to try other codes to get it working. for instance, unlocking all allows me to see channels but the devices fail to authenticate to the ones above 140, I have connected on previous builds to 150+

Last edited:
Well I got 16 days of uptime with .40 with no stability or speed issues. . almost hate to bring it down to put on .41, but like Pavlov's dog, I cannot resist.

16 days....thats nothing. I am on 46 days 4 hours at the time of writing this post, with no issues whatsoever.

David

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but do I need to factory reset coming from 374.40 on the n66u? (I don't think it's necessary but thought I'd double check)

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but do I need to factory reset coming from 374.40 on the n66u? (I don't think it's necessary but thought I'd double check)

Thanks in advance!

You don't need it. But if you observe any weird behaviour or problems you may do it.

@RMerlin, as mentioned above I did a factory reset and manually reconfigure my router, the issue with "Uploaded.net" start even right after the FW upgrade and factory default reset with ISP username and pw configured in the router via a wired connection to the router no Wi-Fi is in use for that matter.

I hope i made myself clear this time ;)
any thoughts?
Thanks,
Manu

I can't see anything in the firmware that could cause a throughput issue only with a specific website. The only causes I could think of would be a mistmatched MTU, mismatched Ethernet packet size (if not using the standard 1500 bytes value), or DNS pointing you to a remote server instead of a more local one (I don't know if uploaded.net uses regional-specific servers).

Could also be caused by running an IPv6 tunnel at the same time, and having your traffic routed through the (slower) IPv6 tunnel.

Are you sure you have the country code correct??? ;)

Must be IS, not IC.
Because I'm in The Netherlands I tried NL.

Code:
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=NL
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=NL
nvram set wl0_country_code=NL
nvram set wl1_country_code=NL
nvram set regulation_domain=NL
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=NL
nvram commit
reboot

Works perfectly!

(Edit: ) Wait..., 2.4GHz is indeed stuck on CH1 if you select 40MHz bandwith.
No big deal because I use 20MHz bandwith on 2.4GHz. (Urban area.)
5GHz is hopping fine with any bandwith. (/Edit)

I looked it up on my government webpage and I'm allowed to run this:

"2400-2483,5 MHz 100mW eirp (CH1 t/m CH13)

5150-5250 MHz 200mW eirp (CH36,40,44,48) *
5250-5350 MHz 200mW eirp (CH52,56,60,64) *
5470-5725 MHz 1W eirp (CH100,104,108,112,116,120,124,128,132,136,140) *

* TPC (Transmitter Power Control)"

That's exactly what the router now shows me. :)
I left the power @ 80mW on both bands.
Because that's good enough for my premises.

Thx for pointing this out DrTeeth. :cool:

Last edited:
It could be coincidence that it happened after a FW update. I had issues with uploaded.net a couple of years ago with another ISP. At first I thought they were throttling. After further investigation I found that some some pipe (line) along the route was running out of bandwidth. From what I recalled it only affected a specific group of servers with "fra" in the name.

Another issue could be that along your route, they are actively disrupting downloads through accelerators. Have you tried downloading a file instead with just your web browser?

Hi Merlin,

Thanks,
Manu

It could be coincidence that it happened after a FW update. I had issues with uploaded.net a couple of years ago with another ISP. At first I thought they were throttling. After further investigation I found that some some pipe (line) along the route was running out of bandwidth. From what I recalled it only affected a specific group of servers with "fra" in the name.

Another issue could be that along your route, they are actively disrupting downloads through accelerators. Have you tried downloading a file instead with just your web browser?

Hi cx-ray,
Thanks for your feedback :)
I did a wide array of test, all with the same results;
I've tried downloading with the browsers built-in download manager - same results, different browsers, IDM, JDownloader etc...
When I revert back to the old FW everything works like a charm.
The thing is I would like to use the newest FW for the router (for security reason mainly) but I can't if it breaks my downloads speed from Uploaded :(
Is there any way for me to investigate this issue in the new 374.40 FW?

And again thanks all for your help :)

Last edited:
UPNP issue with this firmware

Hi Folks
I've been running this firmware for about 2 weeks now on an RT-AC68U.Was working well till yesterday when it froze. Had to cold restart-couldnt connect, internet down. Now I cant activate the UPNP mode - have turned it off and on, rebooted, just wont appear on any streaming devices in house. Ran checks on usb harddisk (I'm using it as a Music Server which probably isnt a good idea), but still no dice.
To be honest, I've found the UPNP service on the RT-AC68U very unreliable on all firmware I've tried so far.
Looks like a factory reset for me - or do you guys have any suggestions ?

Dave

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!