What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

on 374.41 i try to copy from my router usb samba share to my android phone, my copy stop halfway.

previously on 374.40 no issues no mattar how big the size of the files.

problem seem to solved when i disable DoS protection

Does SONOS work ok with this FW?

Any ideas?
Hi,

No Problems with SONOS on this version of the firmware - in the older version there was a problem. :)

But the solution was simple: Just disconnect ALL SONOS devices from power, do the upgrade and re-connect one, by one the SONOS devicies. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited:
It would be nice however to think that ASUS are aware of the bug so that they might fix it at some point in the future for us enthusiast users.
The standard Asus driver does not have the issue

Important clarification

I have had a PM from somebody without the courage to post here.

He accused me of calling Merlin an idiot. I never have nor alluded to that. I actually said "why not ban beer because some idiot may drink and drive?".

He also accused me of giving Merlin orders! All I am doing is have the temerity to disagree with his logic for not supporting locale changing.

I am honour bound not to identify the coward here or post the message itself as it was a PM after all. I did challenge him to have the cojones to post here.

I am just posting this in case somebody else has got the wrong end of the stick.

I have had a PM from somebody without the courage to post here.

He accused me of calling Merlin an idiot. I never have nor alluded to that. I actually said "why not ban beer because some idiot may drink and drive?".

He also accused me of giving Merlin orders! All I am doing is have the temerity to disagree with his logic for not supporting locale changing.

I am honour bound not to identify the coward here or post the message itself as it was a PM after all. I did challenge him to have the cojones to post here.

I am just posting this in case somebody else has got the wrong end of the stick.

DrTeeth and I disagreed on something, and... that was the end of it. It happens on public forums, it happens when a developer does not see eye to eye with a user, and there was nothing more to it. I can appreciate that some people felt it was more an attack than just a disagreement and that they needed to get involved, but honestly, there's no need to get into any personal level attacks here.

And on the other hand folks, please let's not start public debates about... other public debates. PMs can be ignored, but if things turn into mud fests in public, Tim and I will get out the scotch tape & scissors, and start cleaning up threads.

DrTeeth and I disagreed on something, and... that was the end of it. It happens on public forums, it happens when a developer does not see eye to eye with a user, and there was nothing more to it. I can appreciate that some people felt it was more an attack than just a disagreement and that they needed to get involved, but honestly, there's no need to get into any personal level attacks here.

And on the other hand folks, please let's not start public debates about... other public debates. PMs can be ignored, but if things turn into mud fests in public, Tim and I will get out the scotch tape & scissors, and start cleaning up threads.

Yes, it is always a problem when can't see the look on someone's face or the tone of their voice to read the true meaning of a message. I too am from the UK so I understand his frustration with wireless channels being so heavily restricted. I've no idea why this has occurred really but if it is too much work to fix it the I'll probably look for another country code myself.

Having read drteeth's message a couple of times I can read frustration but not hostility towards Merlin , I would have thought everyone here would be very grateful for what Merlin does for us and I'm sure that includes drteeth. I know Brits always play the bad guys in American movies but we're not that bad really.

Coincidentally, I got a pm following the April 1st debacle accusing me of posting under two usernames which I most certainly didn't. No idea if it was the same accuser.

Bob.

Who's Tim?

Tim Higgins, the owner of this site. You know, that guy who posts quite in-depth product reviews on the frontpage? :)

RMerlin
Oh, I see. Thanks for reply ;)
Pierino
You are a great master of reposting as I can guess :D

It wasn't meant to just repost. I couldn't believe someone who frequents this site had to ask. You have only been a member for 14 months. My bad.
Obviously you didn't read the Announcement at the top of this forum. Lol

Last edited:
Hmm my torrent speed is slower now. I'm getting up to 2mb Max but before on 374.39 I used to get 3.5-4mb average daily. Should I revert back to get my downloads or stick with 374.41 for severity reasons ?

ASUS RT-AC66U F/W: 374.41

Hmm my torrent speed is slower now. I'm getting up to 2mb Max but before on 374.39 I used to get 3.5-4mb average daily. Should I revert back to get my downloads or stick with 374.41 for severity reasons ?

ASUS RT-AC66U F/W: 374.41

Yep, same here on RT-AC68U

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
N66U noise

My N66U has always produced some high frequency twitter, from the circuits I guess, but after installing Merlin .41 it's much worse. I can hear it from several meters away and it is starting to annoy me. I know it's probably just a coincident with the upgrade, but how about your N66Us, are they silent? Is my router faulty?

.41 buggy?

I was about to upgrade from 0.38_2 to 0.41 but I red about rebbots, samba problems, upnp problems, speed problems and freezing.
Obviously on the forum you don't write to say that everything is ok..
so I ask if someone is currently using this firmware with every feature perfectly working (smb, upnp, transmission..) and no reboots or freezing..

Hi lwizard,
I managed to get the upnp working again (booting,) but a half an hour later the wireless transmission stopped.Had to cold boot for the 2nd time in 24 hrs.
Now upnp is down again,I.m considering a reset and firmware downgrade.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!