What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Merlin,

Followed the instructions doing an nvram clear prior to install for my AC66U (I had to hold the reset button for 10 seconds whilst powering on the router according to an old post here) and now the router works great performance wise.

Web pages load instantly, prior there was a one-two second delay and my wireless coverage on the 5Ghz band is back to the level from your previous f/w version.

Thank you.

RMerlin made the switch from 43 to 44 on both the RT-AC66U and RT-N66U.
Straight download all settings remain intact and wireless performance is stellar.
In my environment 44 is even quicker than 43. Thanks!:)

Thanks for new firmware Merlin. Finally IPv6 working
and of course nothing to do with new firmware ;)

is it only me or are the setting for domain controller missing cant find it any were

Thanks for new firmware Merlin. Finally IPv6 working
and of course nothing to do with new firmware ;)

Asus made a lot of changes to the underlying IPv6 code in 376_xxxx. I suspect it might have resolved various issues related to IPv6 with some ISPs.

I have a RT-AC68U and did NOT use any of the betas and am still encountering the wireless issues after doing a factory reset.

Check your environment then. The RT-AC68U wireless driver has been unchanged since April 2014.

is it only me or are the setting for domain controller missing cant find it any were

There's no setting related to Domain Controler. If you are referring to the worgroup, the setting is on the Network Places pages - Asus removed the Other setting page on the Servers section and moved settings to their respective Samba/FTP pages.

This question is not as silly as it sounds: if I took a backup before applying a Beta, may I assume that my wireless settings are okay? I ask because when I reverted to 374.43, not all the wireless settings were correctly restored (I had removed all wireless restrictions).

They should be, altho it won't be optimal in the case of the RT-N66U due to the change in wireless driver. This is one you'll have to try for yourself - you might be ok.

Am I correct in assuming that it is this release and all in the future that do not allow the end-user to change locales (as easily as before)?

For the time being, yes.

I considered implementing an exception, where I would only hardcode the region if the bootloader was a US one. It's doable but not as trivial as initially expected, so I shelved that plan for the time being. I might reconsider it in the future.

There's also the fact that this part of the code will most likely end up being encrypted in the future, so any workaround there could be short-lived.

Just a question, may be a simple one but.... let`s go

I made a factory reset at my 68U and applied the Merlin`s final release

At 5Ghz Wifi instead of showing me the both channels, the main one and the extended one it`s showing me like that:

Channel: 149/40Mhz

And if i try to select the extended channel by miself it dows not let me, just give me the auto option

Is it ok?

And at 2.4 it`s only show a single channel, the 6 one

Thanks

Does this firmware have the same problems with the network map as the full version of asus present firmware?
Basically it is empty and never updates??
Router in question is rt-ac66u

Does this firmware have the same problems with the network map as the full version of asus present firmware?
Basically it is empty and never updates??
Router in question is rt-ac66u

I can see my clients with this firmware on my RT-AC66R but did have the issue with ASUS stock latest version 1123...

Works for me. You probably didn't follow the OP and still have the old incorrect setting from the Beta builds.

You got to be joking. Do I have to set up ALL my settings from scratch :-(
Imprting av configuration backup would just rewrite the bad value, right.

If this was caused by an error in the Asus code why was it OK on the Asus 376 release?

I use another IP-range that default, so doing a factory reset causes lots og trouble
(because it reverts to old IP causing conflickts and trouble...)

Last edited by a moderator:
You got to be joking. Do I have to set up ALL my settings from scratch :-(
Imprting av configuration backup would just rewrite the bad value, right.

If the backup was made before you ran a beta build, it should be ok.

If this was caused by an error in the Asus code why was it OK on the Asus 376 release?

The Asus release you ran (1071 or 1123) is based on a much older version, which didn't have the new code that determines whether unit 1 is a 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz. That code was only added later on by Asus, to handle the AC3200 which has a different radio configuration.

You can also manually resolve it the way I posted in the Beta thread, by manually correcting the wl1_nband value.

EDIT: Instructions here.

Last edited:
Several other people have indicated they have the same problem as me. So I would imagine it's something more than just my environment.

And many others have no issue with the exact same router. So, the only remaining variables are your configuration, and your environment.

Having this issue with my 68U any ideas on this Merlin ?

Wait a few seconds, then reload the page. See if that solves it.

The problem is usually that the radio takes a second or two to initialize, which means the webui page gets loaded before the radio is done reconfiguring itself. This happens if you just changed any wifi setting, causing a wifi restart.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!