What's new

asuswrt-merlin 386.5_2 update on AIMesh node problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spkay31

New Around Here
I just updated my two RT-AC1900P (RT-ac68u) to the latest AsusWRT-Merlin 386.5_2. The primary router updated and works fine. I then decided to update the second router (upstairs in office) to the same release and once it rebooted I can't get it recognized as an AIMesh node after multiple reboots, resets and moving it within a few feet of the main router.

I wanted to check to see if anyone is familiar with this problem and if I should try connecting directly to the mesh (2nd router) via ethernet and poking around to see if the update went fine and if there are any problems I can see with the firmware update.

My main reason for posting here is to see if there are any known issues with upgrades from the most recent AsusWRT (totally up to date as of yesterday before AsusWRT-Merlin manual update) for AIMesh systems, in particular RT-AC1900P (RT-AC68U).

I post back as I perform more investigation on the Mesh router.

Cheers,
-Scott

Looks like this has been discussed on another thread and the wired connection to the second router appears to resolve the "not found" problem for wireless backhaul. I realize the best solution is a wired backhaul but for now I am just trying to get it working the way it was previously (wireless backhaul).

Looks like this has been discussed on another thread and the wired connection to the second router appears to resolve the "not found" problem for wireless backhaul. I realize the best solution is a wired backhaul but for now I am just trying to get it working the way it was previously (wireless backhaul).
Move the node next to the router. Use a jumper cable to connect. This may take resetting the router to hardware defaults. Once it connects move it back to where you want it and it will probably connect wirelessly. If it dose not, load Asus stock firmware on the node(s).

Good luck

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!