What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin Addon Software Catalog

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Viktor Jaep

Part of the Furniture
Asus-Merlin Addon Software Catalog

This sticky post functions as a software catalog (with links to threads, scripts, and author names), grouped by functionality, to make it easier for Asus-Merlin users to find and install addons for their Asus routers without having to search through massive amounts of content/threads...

If anyone wants to suggest an addition, please reply to this thread with the necessary info (thread link, script links, author name).

Donations are always welcomed to encourage continued development, or to just say thank you if these scripts help you with your mission - please visit the donation thread here, and devs, reach out to @JGrana if you want your project added to the donation page!

Note: Those marked with "(AMTM)" are scripts that are already available from within the SSH-accessible "AMTM" (Asus-Merlin Terminal Menu) utility that comes pre-loaded on all modern Asus-Merlin Firmware installations, and would recommend installing these tools directly through the AMTM interface.

--------------------------------------------------

Ad-Blocking
- AdGuardHome - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
- Diversion - (AMTM) - Repository - Dev: @thelonelycoder
- pixelserv - Github - Dev: @kvic
- uiDivStats - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz

Backup
- BACKUPMON - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Viktor Jaep
- SaveRestoreNVRAMvars - Pastebin - Dev: @Martinski

Connectivity/Modem/Router Monitoring
- ChannelHog - Github - Dev: @Adamm
- ChkWAN - Github - Dev: @Martineau
- connmon - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz
- modmon - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz
- Quota Monitoring - Github - Dev: @Martineau
- RTRMON - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Viktor Jaep
- Starlnk - Github - Dev: @JGrana
- WICENS - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Maverickcdn
- WiFi Channel Check/Switcher - Source - Dev: @ColinTaylor

DHCP
- YazDHCP - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz

Disk Maintenance
- mtdmon - Github - Dev: @JGrana

DNS
- DNScrypt Installer - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
- DNS Monitor - Source - Dev: @eibgrad
- Unbound - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Martineau
- Unbound DNS via VPN - Github - Dev: @Martineau / @Swinson

Dual-WAN Failover
WAN-Failover - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Ranger802004

Kill Switch (VPN)
- KILLMON - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Viktor Jaep
- Merlin OVPN Client Killswitch - Source - Dev: @eibgrad

Logging
- Scribe - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @cmkelley
- uiScribe - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz

NTP
- ntpMerlin - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz

<continued below>

Last edited:
Performance
- spdMerlin - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz
- vnStat - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @dev_null

QoS
- CakeQOS - Github - Dev: @ttgapers
- FlexQoS - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @dave14305

Routing/Networking
- Domain-based VPN Routing - Github - Dev: @Ranger802004
- x3mRouting - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Xentrk
- YazFi - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Jack Yaz

Security
- Skynet - (AMTM) - Github - Dev: @Adamm
- Skynet FilterValidator- Source / Github - Dev: @Viktor Jaep @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
- Suricata - Github - Dev: @rgnldo @juched

Smart Home
- huetil - Github - Dev: @JGrana
- PWRMON - Github - Dev: @Viktor Jaep
- uKasa - Github - Dev: @JGrana
- WXMON - Github - Dev: @Viktor Jaep

<continued below>

Last edited:
Last edited:
<Reserved> Just in case there are a TON of scripts! ;)

nice, thanks, setting up a new ASUS box right now, guess i am to early for links haha
Yeah this will be a work in progress. ;) Best bet is to just install the commonly-used tools through amtm

This is a placeholder for a software catalog (with links to threads, scripts, and author names) to make it easier for Asus-Merlin users to find and install addons for their Asus routers without having to search through massive amounts of content/threads... Will be working on this as time allows these next few days/weekend. If any authors disagree with me listing them, miscategorize them, etc, please DM me... If anyone wants to suggest an addition, please reply to this thread with the necessary info (thread link, script links, author name)

This is just a start... more to come...

Ad-Blocking
AdGuardHome
Diversion
pixelserv
uiDivStats

Connectivity/Router Monitoring
connmon
modmon
RTRMON

DHCP
YazDHCP

DNS
DNScrypt
DNS Monitor - source - @eibgrad
Unbound

Logging
Scribe
uiScribe

NTP
ntpMerlin

Performance
spdMerlin
vnStat

QoS
CakeQOS
FlexQoS

Routing/Networking
x3mRouting
YazFi

Security
Skynet
Suricata

Utility
amtm
Kill Stuck Proc Cmds - source - @Martinski
NVRAM Save/Restore
PWRMON
scMerlin

VPN
vpnmgr
VPNMON-R2
Wireguard
Not trying to be the worlds worst critic here, but I do have one legit question- "how much easier does this have to be?"

e.g.
1670054764971.png

you can even filter by those same prefix

1670054838926.png

1670054886856.png

@Viktor Jaep don't take this the wrong way, this is not a bad idea. We need to have everyones addon scripts listed in a searchable manner. For example, @Ranger802004 has several awesome scripts, but they need to be added to the list of the filters. Otherwise users have a harder time finding them. Developers need to use these prefixes for there actual intended purpose. See how all the popular ones are listed, this wasn't by happenstance. Each developer requested this.

Last edited:
Not trying to be the worlds worst critic here, but I do have one legit question- "how much easier does this have to be?"

e.g.
View attachment 45911

you can even filter by those same prefix

View attachment 45912
View attachment 45913

@Viktor Jaep don't take this the wrong way, this is not a bad idea. We need to have everyones addon scripts listed in a searchable manner. For example, @Ranger802004 has several awesome scripts, but they need to be added to the list of the filters. Otherwise users have a harder time finding them. Developers need to use these prefixes for there actual intended purpose. See how all the popular ones are listed, this wasn't by happenstance. Each developer requested this.
Not taking this the wrong way at all, @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow... I totally agree with your viewpoint, however, the filter list doesn't get them all. Like you said, these are the most popular ones. But the other problems is -- what is "scMerlin"? It would take some research to look through the various threads posted under this filter to determine that it's a utility of some sort. My hope is to categorize the popular and those valuable one-off scripts with links to their OPs, and links to their scripts, so you can drill right down on "scMerlin" knowing it's a utility, and with one click, reading up on what it's all about.

Plus, if we had a filter for every tool, popular or not, this list would be massive (not sure if there are limitations?), and probably an undue burden on Tim/RMerlin to constantly keep adding/trimming this list. This is just easier... I appreciate the filters, because you can group conversations about the more popular scripts and keep things together better... but when someone comes up with something cool that's not in AMTM, or worthy of a filter name, then these get lost over time. I'm hoping this will save people (like myself included) a lot of time from endlessly searching for that one script or bit of code I ran across months ago, and help make these scripts broadly available to our Asus-Merlin users.

I like this new sticky @Viktor Jaep ! You might also want to add a link to the Addon Donation thread.
Always good to remind users that its nice to buy a developer a cup of coffee, pint of ale or pizza ;-)

BTW, if you are a developer of an addon and want to add your work (and payment link), send me a PM.

I like this new sticky @Viktor Jaep ! You might also want to add a link to the Addon Donation thread.
Always good to remind users that its nice to buy a developer a cup of coffee, pint of ale or pizza ;-)

BTW, if you are a developer of an addon and want to add your work (and payment link), send me a PM.
Absolutely, @JGrana!! ;)

I think that finishes most popular scripts that are readily available through AMTM or by searching the forums... Please, if anyone has any other good ones to add, please don't hesitate to post your suggestions below! Enjoy!