What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin - Project update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I rather suspected the 66 models may get dropped they are a little long in the tooth in hardware terms if still quite nice routers.

But support shall still be there thanks to john anyway if not quite the same features.

I have one and i only use it as a repeater which is does perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing the whats new and having bandwidth control on quest networks is going to be quite useful for the restaurant.

So come on asus port it over to the 68 models already lol .

Merlin thanks for all the amazing work ( say Eric but it always feels like i am talking to myself)

The final 382.1 release is now available.

I'm going to unstick this post now as it's no longer really relevant.

I think when people said they would donate extra money for you to develop your good firmware for the GT AC5300 was not to buy the router but to encourage you to develop the firmware... I think we all know that Asus would probably give you the router for free...
I am willing to support you by also donating a good amount should you decide to develop it for GT AC5300.

All the best and thank you once again for your good hard work.

Cheers.

I think when people said they would donate extra money for you to develop your good firmware for the GT AC5300 was not to buy the router but to encourage you to develop the firmware... I think we all know that Asus would probably give you the router for free...
I am willing to support you by also donating a good amount should you decide to develop it for GT AC5300.

All the best and thank you once again for your good hard work.

Cheers.

It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of available time, and frequency of GPL releases from Asus.

It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of available time, and frequency of GPL releases from Asus.

Anyway, I hope you find some free time in a near future to develop something for this beast of a router. I have purchased one, waiting for it at the moment... i had the RT AC5300 and managed to get the money back from it, and because i liked it so much (with your fantastic firmware) i decided to buy the upgraded one (GT) since i got a decent deal on it (£280).

All the best and i hope to see your fantastic firmware on this one as well.

Regards,
T

biting the bullet! just ordered the mighty GT-AC5300. currently own RT-AC87U. i’ll wait for Merlin firmware for mighty one.

biting the bullet! just ordered the mighty GT-AC5300. currently own RT-AC87U. i’ll wait for Merlin firmware for mighty one.

The GT-AC5300 will never be supported by Merlin due to its unique hardware.
The RT-AC5300 is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no amount of beverages will incintivate you? Hopefully something in the future allows for reconsideration. I'm kinda sad now that I purchased the ROG version.

Anyone got any news about the Asus RT-AC3200?

I’m hoping they upgrade it because I’m pretty keen to use AiMesh!

Anyone got any news about the Asus RT-AC3200?

I’m hoping they upgrade it because I’m pretty keen to use AiMesh!
If you require AI-Mesh you will have to load up the factory Asus firmware 384 branch. @RMerlin has no plan in the short term to support AI-Mesh. Sorry.

If you require AI-Mesh you will have to load up the factory Asus firmware 384 branch. @RMerlin has no plan in the short term to support AI-Mesh. Sorry.

Fine with me. Stock firmware is good enough for me. These days my router config is mostly stock, just some port forwarding to my servers which run all my goodies.

Fine with me. Stock firmware is good enough for me. These days my router config is mostly stock, just some port forwarding to my servers which run all my goodies.
Perfect check back in a while...;)

I agree with a lot of people on the forums I think it’s sad that there are still no plans for the GT-AC5300, now the price has dropped and more people are using it I think it’s a shame it isn’t being developed for. It has so much potential, even if you were to drop some feature such as the gamers vpn as it sucks anyway, to make your life easier it would be appreaciated by many

My new device GT-AC5300 is coming tomorrow,
just checked here if there is any update.
Sadly still no support for best device on market.
Just subscribing to thread to get updates :D
Hopefully one day :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!