What's new

Authentication update taking forever in Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

harrysundown

New Around Here
First-time poster so if this belongs elsewhere please let me know. I have an Asus RT-AC66U and just made the jump from Tomato to Merlin 374 LTS so that I could enable NAT acceleration. This doubled my download speed, so I am thrilled. My only issue is I cannot set security/password. The operation seems to be timing out.

In fact, if I make any change at all (e.g. update the SSID from "ASUS" to "ASUS2") it just says "Processing.." with a spinning wheel for 10+ minutes.

Note that this happened in the "Quick Setup" and so I canceled it and went with no security so I could just get it working. Same behavior editing from the advanced menu.

The particular firmware is RT-AC66U_374.43_52E7j9527. I chose that particular LTS because other users having the same bottleneck issue and unable to enable NAT acceleration on Tomato had success switching to that. Please let me know if you have any knowledge about this particular issue or if there is a different version I should be using. Thank you!