What's new

AX-11000 system date wrong after upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_45898

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tastle

Occasional Visitor
So this is the first time I've ever encountered this. I just updated my router and then I noticed that my Nord VPN was failing to connect with an OpenSSL error.

May 5 09:32:27 vpnclient5[10809]: VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate is not yet valid: C=PA, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN CA6, serial=4764208788777194848
May 5 09:32:27 vpnclient5[10809]: OpenSSL: error:1416F086:lib(20):func(367):reason(134)

I noticed that the system date was wrong. I tried:
* Changing TZs
* Toying with the DST values
* Soft reboot
* Hard reboot

Nothing worked. I finally just sshed into the router and set the date myself (not ideal... it should be syncing to pool.ntp.org).

After I set the date, the message that I was seeing under the NTP Server field ("Reminder: The system time has not yet been synchronized with an NTP Server. FAQ") finally went away, and my VPN is now working.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

It usually means the router cannot resolve the DNS name of the NTP server at boot time. What are your WAN DNS settings?

My WAN DNS points to my local DNS (which has my local domains), which routes through to Cloudflare. And that bit is working A-okay.

My WAN DNS points to my local DNS (which has my local domains), which routes through to Cloudflare. And that bit is working A-okay.
Your WAN DNS needs to point to an upstream DNS resolver. Not a local (LAN) one!

I am having the exact same problem and unable to change system time. My internet and smart devices are randomly going offline…internet status says disconnected but its not. There is also a lot of traffic going 10.0.0.1 address which is neither mine nor my ISPs network class.

Last months update did the same. I finally rolled back after sending logs to asus but I never checked the system time. I was hoping they fixed something after seeing how soon this was released

I just finished talking to support. They believe it is a bug in the firmware. They said it _may_ be in a future firmware fix. There is another workaround.

If you:
  1. ping www.google.com
  2. note the return IP and
  3. enter both under the Administration System tab for Resolved Hostname and Resolved IP Address
The system will sync its time.

Apparently it's also related to a bug where the Dashboard shows as "disconnected" from the Internet, despite being connected.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!