What's new

Ax11000 and Rtac68u in aimesh question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wolfen

Occasional Visitor
First of all I love the ax1100. I have had it about a week but my sons Playstation was getting a week signal in his basement room. I got the rtac68u to set up as a node to correct this. It worked well but I lost 1 of the 5ghz bands on my router for a wireless backhaul. Is there any way around this? I hate losing the dedicated gaming band as we have 2 other ps4s in the house. If I ran a wired backhaul would I get my 3 bands back on the main router? Thanks in advance for your help.

This is a known issue or the way Asus has is set. I’m no expert but I also have the same setup and questioned it on a earlier thread. The mesh reserves the 2nd 5 ghz band as a backup even though u have a wired backhaul and set the AI mesh in the web portal to Ethernet.

It doesn’t make sense but until Asus updates it I don’t think u can use the 2nd band

I just removed the node and using the AX11000 as a stand alone unit now

I am hoping they resolve this otherwise I see no use for AI mesh as I like the idea of have 3 bands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a known issue or the way Asus has is set. I’m no expert but I also have the same setup and questioned it on a earlier thread. The mesh reserves the 2nd 5 ghz band as a backup even though u have a wired backhaul and set the AI mesh in the web portal to Ethernet.

It doesn’t make sense but until Asus updates it I don’t think u can use the 2nd band

I just removed the node and using the AX11000 as a stand alone unit now

I am hoping they resolve this otherwise I see no use for AI mesh as I like the idea of have 3 bands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I removed mine also. I really hope they change this because I actually like the mesh setup and the way it integrates with the app. I switched from a NETGEAR rax120 and I’m glad I did except this little bug.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!