What's new

AX4200 port forwarding doesn't work in all cases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darkshifty

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a AX4200 and replaced my ISP's router to improve VPN, however I bumped into two major issues.
One of them is that I opened a SFTP and HTTPS port as I did in my previous router but it doesn't seem to work

If I connect locally to 192.168.100.100 with port 4400 via SFTP it's working, if I try to access it remotely through my home IP
Code:
sftp -v -P 4400 user@xx.xxx.xxx.xx
I receive the error:
Code:
ssh: connect to host xx.xxx.xxx.xx port 4400: Connection timed out
I just can't seem to figure what is blocking the access, the firewall IPv4 and IPv6 are active but there are no rules that seem to block any access. If I disable the firewall I still receive the mentioned error.

1693040628230.png

I am using the original firmware: 3.0.0.4.388_32271

Last edited:
Check the AiProtection log to see if that is blocking it.

Try disabling the firewall on 192.168.100.100. Also, if you have any VPN clients enabled temporarily turn those off.

Thanks for helping me ColinTaylor,
I've Disabled all VPN's, AiProtection was luckily off by default and the sFTP server doesn't have a firewall active (tripple checked it to be safe)

My guess would be something is up with the ISP settings I have defined in the router but I can't imagine port forwarding not to be working because of that.

You can check whether the port forwarding rule is enabled under System Log - Port Forwarding.

Turn off DoS protection in the router's firewall. Or perhaps try a different external port, like 51543.

4400 is a registered port. Ports 41952-65535 are free to use, so I second @ColinTaylor's suggested port

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!