What's new

AX55 - When?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mizwdev

Occasional Visitor
I've a AIMesh combinition of a AX86u and AX55, AX86U I know there is, but AX55 nothing to find about, anyone any idea?

What ? A new car would be nice ;-/

But I'm in Merlin forum, so what do you think I'm talking about, but ok specially for you. When will there be a Merlin firmware for the RT-AX55, I see someone else also asked but not really a answer.
I also asked if it is possible to have Merlin on my AX86U and the 386 beta on my AX55, but also no answer. I came from TP-Link with OpenWRT, so I'm new.

I also asked if it is possible to have Merlin on my AX86U and the 386 beta on my AX55, but also no answer.

That's because the answer is already there:

That's because the answer is already there:

So if I understand correct. If I put AX86u on Merlin and leave AX55 on latest AiMesh 2.0 not Merlin firmware, it won't work?

So if I understand correct. If I put AX86u on Merlin and leave AX55 on latest AiMesh 2.0 not Merlin firmware, it won't work?

Routers don't need to run the same firmware. Mixing my firmware and stock firmware within an AiMesh network is fine.

I have the same combination. I upgraded the AX86U to the stock firmware 386 version, and it now includes an option to "Sync [the guest network] to AiMesh Node"... but the AX55 is still on 384 version and isn't generating the guest WiFi.

@mizwdev, were you able to get the guest WiFi on the node(s) using Merlin on the AX86U? I assume you have the more powerful AX86U as the router, like me?

I have the same combination. I upgraded the AX86U to the stock firmware 386 version, and it now includes an option to "Sync [the guest network] to AiMesh Node"... but the AX55 is still on 384 version and isn't generating the guest WiFi.

@mizwdev, were you able to get the guest WiFi on the node(s) using Merlin on the AX86U? I assume you have the more powerful AX86U as the router, like me?
I've the 386 beta rc2 for AX55 running, works great.
But I've installed on AX86U 386 AsusWRT Merlin beta 4 now, all works great

It doesn't matter which 386 release you have, but only first column in Guest Network is working with AiMesh 2.0.

Since yesterday I'm running AsusWRT Merlin Beta 5 on AX86U and on AX55 the latest offcial 386 release from ASUS site
But if you don't need anything special on AX86U, you can also run official AX86U firmware. I only use Merlin cause of Entware where I install Privoxy (proxy) which I need to run Spotify from work :)