What's new

AX55 & WiFi Calling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pogchamp

Occasional Visitor
I have an AX55 router as my main router and have found that WiFi calling is not quite working as expected since installing this router.

The issue is that calls will not ring if WiFi calling is activated on the phone that is on that WiFi network, you will go straight from no call to a missed call notification, no ringing.

If wifi calling is disabled on the iPhone, the call goes through as expected, but we use WiFi calling to mitigate poor cell network strength here.

I did not have these issues with my older setup of AC66U (wifi disabled) + WiFi AP.

Anyone else?

I'm assuming outgoing calls on VoWiFi are OK. Do inbound calls come in OK if your phone is "awake" i.e screen on? Does the VoWiFi indicator go on and off or is always on?

I'd guess either your phone's WiFi is sleeping more - maybe with the TWT (Target Wait Time) feature on 802.1AX and "misses" the incoming request to "ring" or your router is blocking the inbound request.

I guess you could try using your AX55 with WiFi disabled + your old WAP - if that works it's the AX55 Wifi causing it - otherwise it would indicate the router blocking something.

The issue is that calls will not ring if WiFi calling is activated on the phone that is on that WiFi network, you will go straight from no call to a missed call notification, no ringing.

If wifi calling is disabled on the iPhone, the call goes through as expected, but we use WiFi calling to mitigate poor cell network strength here.

Who is your cellular provider?

WiFi calling on iOS is over an IPSEC tunnel, so check your VPN passthru settings - might be something there... esp if you can make calls from the iPhone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!