What's new

AX56U - Error adding iptables rule when using IPv6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brianto

New Around Here
HI,

AX56U with merlin 384.18

I have iptables rules in firewall-start like this:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 23.21.43.50:1512
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 23.21.43.50:1512

It works when using IPv4 only.

When I activated IPv6, using tunnelbroker setting, I got these error messages:

[ERROR cmdlist] cmdlist_ucast_create_bin,1904: Could not ipv4_addresses_table_add

IPv6 works, but those rules wasn't loaded. Tried to disable IPv6 firewall but the errors persist.

Any helps, tips, pointers for this problem?
Many thanks in advance.

HI,

AX56U with merlin 384.18

I have iptables rules in firewall-start like this:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 23.21.43.50:1512
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 23.21.43.50:1512

It works when using IPv4 only.

When I activated IPv6, using tunnelbroker setting, I got these error messages:

[ERROR cmdlist] cmdlist_ucast_create_bin,1904: Could not ipv4_addresses_table_add

IPv6 works, but those rules wasn't loaded. Tried to disable IPv6 firewall but the errors persist.

Any helps, tips, pointers for this problem?
Many thanks in advance.
The problem with ipv6 is that there is limits to the firewall rules with asuswrt in general. even merlin asuswrt. it is the same issue. the trick is that you either have to not use IPV6 or block it for what ever you don't want it to be able to do and allow it for only whatever you want it to do.

Hi,
Thanks for the tips.

Somehow, changing the destination ip address to another provider is what works for me.
Now, I can bypass transparent dns proxy and still have IPv6.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

I spoke too soon

While the errors disappear when I look into dmesg, the result is still the same.

When IPV6 works, the IPV4 iptables rules are abandoned.
When I disable IPV6, the iptables rules are working.

Cheers.