What's new

AX58U connected network with RT-AX53U or RT-AC85P /VPN/

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Linkestis

New Around Here
Hello, my knowledge is basic for this, please don't be mad at me :)
I use AX58U in my home but also a tv box from another country and of course I pay for a VPN on an android tv box to use it. I haven't made settings on my router for OpenVPN because I don't want the whole network to be behind a VPN. There good offers on amazon for these two routers AX53U and AC85P. The question is, can I connect one of the two routers to the current one so that only the new one is set to use OpenVPN, that is, only the tv box uses this router? I guess it's not a profitable investment, but I'm fed up to pay for a VPN. Is such a connection even possible between mine and one of the two models? And which of the two would you recommend?
I hope from all the nonsense I wrote
understand my question :)
thanks

What VPN fees do you want to cancel?

If I understand correctly, you need a NordVPN for TV from the selected country to work.
You can't avoid this by installing a OpenVPN at home.
The AX53U will be a better router (than AC85P), it has new firmware.

I use AX58U in my home but also a tv box from another country and of course I pay for a VPN on an android tv box to use it.
You will have to explain what you mean by this.

"tv box from another country" - What sort of "TV box"? Is it located in a different country or did you take it with you when your moved abroad?

"of course I pay for a VPN on an android tv box to use it." - Is this "android tv box" the same "tv box"? If you need a VPN to use it how can you cancel the VPN subscription?

You will have to explain what you mean by this.

"tv box from another country" - What sort of "TV box"? Is it located in a different country or did you take it with you when your moved abroad?

"of course I pay for a VPN on an android tv box to use it." - Is this "android tv box" the same "tv box"? If you need a VPN to use it how can you cancel the VPN subscription?
I use a tv box bought from another country. Iptv is banned in the UK and the TV provider blocks the TV because it is not in the country it was bought from. That's why I use a VPN for the tv box

If I understand correctly, you need a NordVPN for TV from the selected country to work.
You can't avoid this by installing a OpenVPN at home.
The AX53U will be a better router (than AC85P), it has new firmware.
Now I'm not sure I understand :)
Using OpenVPN on an Asus router won't be the same as NordVPN?I'm just fed up to pay a VPN subscription and I decided that I can use Open VPN to Asus router..
I'm really tragic in this area and clearly have a lot to learn :)

I use a tv box bought from another country. Iptv is banned in the UK and the TV provider blocks the TV because it is not in the country it was bought from. That's why I use a VPN for the tv box
I see. Well you could certainly use a second router just for the TV box and run NordVPN on that. But you would still need to pay for NordVPN.

I see. Well you could certainly use a second router just for the TV box and run NordVPN on that. But you would still need to pay for NordVPN.
I thought I was very clever and decided that if I run OpenVPN on an additional Asus router ....
I will only pay an investment for a second router, but apparently it won't happen

The reason you pay for NordVPN is so that you can use their servers located in a different country. To avoid paying NordVPN or another provider you would have to connect to some other VPN server in that country. For example, if you had a second home in that country which had its own router running a VPN server.

Using OpenVPN on an Asus router won't be the same as NordVPN?I'm just fed up to pay a VPN subscription and I decided that I can use Open VPN to Asus router..
Just running a OpenVPN server will not change your IP - you will still be recognized as in the UK.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!