What's new

AX68U No DFS support?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iluvblackbmw

New Around Here
Just bought the AX68U and was surprised to see that DFS is not an option in the US, neither in auto nor manual selection mode. My old AX58U does DFS just fine. I checked both in Stock ASUS firmware and in Merlin, both times no DFS available. Am I missing something here? This seems like a big downside to this router. I am living in a townhouse and the DFS channels are the only ones that are uncrowded, so a router not supporting DFS is a big nogo for me.

Someone else reported the same issue in another thread recently:

It's annoying that this is kept as some kind of secret that you don't find out until you buy. I picked up a RT-AX55 planning to use DFS like I have on my RT-AX86U, but the AX55 doesn't support DFS it seems. Even though the manual specs list the power output for DFS frequencies.

... but the AX55 doesn't support DFS it seems. Even though the manual specs list the power output for DFS frequencies.
If it's anything like the AX68, it seems the hardware is capable, but for whatever reason it hasn't been certified to use those channels in the US. At least not yet.

Maybe, I know with TP-Link the bottom two AX models don't support DFS, but the next up, AX50 does and it's treated like a feature. Perhaps they didn't think it was worth paying for certification for their bottom end AX router. Or installing equipment to detect radar I guess.

I still think they should be clear in the specs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!