What's new

AX68U Stuck in Rescue Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tuanity

New Around Here
Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble with my Asus Router. I had done a physical reset for 15secs, and since, the power light has been slowly flashing. It was on Asus WRT Merlin 386.7_0.

I have tried doing a hard reset (power off, hold the reset, and power on), same thing with the WPS button. The power light is still blinking slowly, none of the other lights turn on. Strangely, when the router is powered on, the LAN light turns on for 1 second.

I have also tried using the Asus Rescue Tool, and tried flashing Merlin 386.7_2, then tried Merlin 386.7_0, then flashed the stock version 3.0.0.4.386.49479. According to the rescue tool, they all indicated: Successfully recovered the system. Please wait for the system to reboot.

Let me know if you guys have any other ideas! Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble with my Asus Router. I had done a physical reset for 15secs, and since, the power light has been slowly flashing. It was on Asus WRT Merlin 386.7_0.

I have tried doing a hard reset (power off, hold the reset, and power on), same thing with the WPS button. The power light is still blinking slowly, none of the other lights turn on. Strangely, when the router is powered on, the LAN light turns on for 1 second.

I have also tried using the Asus Rescue Tool, and tried flashing Merlin 386.7_2, then tried Merlin 386.7_0, then flashed the stock version 3.0.0.4.386.49479. According to the rescue tool, they all indicated: Successfully recovered the system. Please wait for the system to reboot.

Let me know if you guys have any other ideas! Thanks in advance.
ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

Edit: F.Y.I. I have had problems with the Hard Factory Reset not fully clearing all settings on my AX86U. Not sure if the AX68U could have the same problem. Holding the reset button on power up puts the router in recovery mode. If it goes into recovery mode on its own on power up it is an indication of other issues. Flashing an older Asuswrt firmware may work. If it doesn't and under warranty contact Asus for a replacement. Neither Asuswrt or Merlin should cause issues (unless you accidentally flashed the wrong firmware). Double check the firmware files and make sure they are for AX68U and not AX86U,

Last edited:
ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

Edit: F.Y.I. I have had problems with the Hard Factory Reset not fully clearing all settings on my AX86U. Not sure if the AX68U could have the same problem. Holding the reset button on power up puts the router in recovery mode. If it goes into recovery mode on its own on power up it is an indication of other issues. Flashing an older Asuswrt firmware may work. If it doesn't and under warranty contact Asus for a replacement. Neither Asuswrt or Merlin should cause issues (unless you accidentally flashed the wrong firmware). Double check the firmware files and make sure they are for AX68U and not AX86U,
thanks you, my AX68U blink power so i try your way and it boot success

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!