What's new

AX86S firmware question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VoodooMagic

New Around Here
Trying to decipher my firmware version. Currently my AX86S says I'm on firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43333. I try to find it on Asus's site but fail to come up with anything close to what I have. Is my firmware a beta? I want to upgrade but want to make sure I have backup just in case.

On the site, it list 386.42840 then 386.44130.

Thanks

Trying to decipher my firmware version. Currently my AX86S says I'm on firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43333. I try to find it on Asus's site but fail to come up with anything close to what I have. Is my firmware a beta? I want to upgrade but want to make sure I have backup just in case.

On the site, it list 386.42840 then 386.44130.

Thanks
You really have "older" firmware but not Beta.

I would advise you download and install FW_RT_AX86U_AX86S_v300438649599. This seems to be the most reliable of the "386" code base firmware. Once up and running on that firmware save the settings to a file. Then you can upgrade to the newer 388 code base firmware. As of this the current is FW_RT_AX86U_AX86S_300438822068 which some have reported having problems. I am running this current version with no issues today. I have discovered it seems to be best managed using the phone app. But that does not get you to some of the "better" router settings. Your experience may vary and you may not have problems. With a saved copy of prior firmware and settings you can always go back to an earlier version.

I was hesitate to upgrade the firmware since I couldn't find it online to revert if I had to. I'm using this unit strictly for AP. The AX86S seems to be much better than my AC68U that it replace. The AC68U had a weaker wireless power output compare to that of the AX86S. I will go ahead and upgrade to 386.49599.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!