What's new

AX86S Slow WiFi speeds?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was thinking about trying ASUS stock but everything has been working great since the nuclear reset lol very stable and still on “auto” for the channel. Overall pretty satisfied
Do you find the AX router has better range than your previous one? I noticed you have beamforming enabled which is interesting since most pundits say its better disabled on AC routers, so I'm not sure if AX works better that way.

Do you find the AX router has better range than your previous one? I noticed you have beamforming enabled which is interesting since most pundits say its better disabled on AC routers, so I'm not sure if AX works better that way.
I find it a lot better than the eeros we replaced. This reaches the 3rd floor with no issues.

I find it a lot better than the eeros we replaced. This reaches the 3rd floor with no issues.
Better than the 'eeros' you replaced? You didn't mention anything about the beamforming comment. Please advise.

Better than the 'eeros' you replaced? You didn't mention anything about the beamforming comment. Please advise.
I had eeros before this router and hated them. I shut off universal beamforming only per most of the recommendations. And I haven’t touched much else.

I've seen enough from this member and he's in my ignore list. Disable all Beamforming on 2.4GHz band only because nothing is using Explicit beamforming there and Universal Beamforming may cause issues. Disable Universal Beamforming only on 5GHz band for the same reason and leave 802.11ac Beamforming enabled. As I said it's part of AC specifications and you may have devices using it. I also told you this specific BCM4360 radio on AC68U routers and variants works better with 802.11ac Beamforming enabled. It's a single setting after all - flip it on/off and see what works better for you and with your devices. It takes 60 seconds to run a speedtest before and after. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!