What's new

AX86U 160mhz doesn't work on channels 100+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

barrerayy

New Around Here
I recently bought this router alongside a PCE-AX58BT network card to be able to use wifi 6 on my PC. The router performs as expected with 160mhz on channels below 100 and at any channel with 80mhz. However when i turn on 160mhz on channels above 100 which is what I wanted to do for best performance it doesn't seem to work as in none of my wifi 6 devices can see or connect to it.

What could be causing this? I'm in the UK and afaik those channels are usable with 160mhz here.

I can see those channels in the router settings though.
Maybe you just have to wait longer for the channels to become available.

Just remembered this thread where someone with that router bought in the UK was missing those channels but one bought in Turkey had them:

Maybe you just have to wait longer for the channels to become available.

Just remembered this thread where someone with that router bought in the UK was missing those channels but one bought in Turkey had them:

After waiting for exactly 10 minutes I could connect on the 5ghz band but it's running at 80mhz instead of 160mhz. Would this potentially mean that the 120-128 is being used by radar of some kind which is why I can't use them? Is there anyway to confirm this at all?

After waiting for exactly 10 minutes I could connect on the 5ghz band but it's running at 80mhz instead of 160mhz. Would this potentially mean that the 120-128 is being used by radar of some kind which is why I can't use them? Is there anyway to confirm this at all?
I don't have that router/firmware but looking at the screen shots in that other thread the Wireless Log seems to show information about radar, ISM and "Channel cleared for radar". Maybe that provides a clue.

Seems like it's actually working with 160mhz now. I did have to change the control channel to 128 for it to work though.

Not too sure how it will work for you but I use channel 36 at 160 MHz. I do this because some clients refuse to connect with DFS channels. I also use WPA2/WPA3 for the same reason. I have not had RADAR bounce my 5 GHz yet. So I do not know exactly what will happen when it does. I do use Dual Band SmartConnect so my clients will connect while the 5 GHz does a RADAR clearance. Better to have a connection than have to wait.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!