What's new

AX86U 2.5 Gbps port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
Would plugging my AT&T BGW 220 gateway/modem into this instead of the 1 Gbps port help any of getting a little more than 940 Mbps speed of my 1 Gbps speed if I got a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet card or more in my computer? Like 1000 Mbps to 1100 Mbps ?

Curious.

No because the other LAN Ethernet ports are 1 Gbps. In aggregate more than one connection can use up more bandwidth simultaneously, but that depends on if the modem has a 2.5 Gbps port that you’d plug into the AX86U 2.5 port for the WAN. It also depends on if AT&T overprovisions the way a cable company like Comcast does.

I do use the 2.5 Gbps port for my wan because I am on the 1200 Mbps plan with Comcast for the moment. I can get anywhere from 1240-1400 Mbps aggregate with two simultaneous speed tests. This is largely unnecessary for daily use, however.

Last edited:
No because the other LAN Ethernet ports are 1 Gbps. In aggregate more than one connection can use up more bandwidth simultaneously, but that depends on if the modem has a 2.5 Gbps port that you’d plug into the AX86U 2.5 port for the WAN. It also depends on if AT&T overprovisions the way a cable company like Comcast does.

I do use the 2.5 Gbps port for my wan because I am on the 1200 Mbps plan with Comcast for the moment. I can get anywhere from 1240-1400 Mbps aggregate with two simultaneous speed tests. This is largely unnecessary for daily use, however.

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!