What's new

AX86U box identifiable differences?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A Purohit

Occasional Visitor
Hello experts,

I decided to upgrade my AC68U with an AX86U as I saw a good deal on it recently (under $200). Due to weirdness at Amazon, I ended up getting two units so I'm certainly going to return one (I got charged for two as well). I don't have them both yet, but I'm wondering if there are any differences I should look for in case there's a better version I should be looking for? For example, I've seen there are often newer revisions of models, and sometimes they are better or worse.

So, is there anything I should look for, and is anything identifiable on the box (or on the actual product) that I can use to identify better/worse versions? Or fakes, for that matter (it is Amazon, after all...)? That way I can return the "worse" one, since I will have a choice...

Thanks in advance!

Get them first and see if there are any differences. Are they new units or used/open box?

Supposed to be new units. That's why I was wondering if there is anything to identify a "V2" or something on the box, or something I should look for.

I will certainly look at the boxes carefully, but I figured people might know of obvious things to look for.

For that matter, is there even a V2 or anything like that on these models yet? If there isn't, then it's a moot point...

There is no official V2 revision. There was information different 2.5GbE port controllers were used in some units, but this is transparent for the user change. All units look the same externally except eventual differences in power supply shape and size, but with the same specs. If you ordered both from the same place perhaps they will be exactly the same. There is nothing to worry about.

Just to complete the thread - I got both units. Both boxes were identical on the outside. I opened both and looked at the labels - both said they were "Rev 1.0" and manufactured in 2022. So, I picked one and ran with it... it's working well so far.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!