What's new

Asus AX/AXE Slow Upload Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does Merlin's firmware fix the issue?
Nope

at the beginning I thought it could be software bug, but after a long time missing with fw and contacting support and they give up then end up just telling me we will issue RMA just to close their support ticket.

Now I think it could be a “hardware limitation”

Last edited:
I would think there would be a lot of people screaming about this issue if it was wide spread.

As a result of all the testing I've done, I've believe it is thread/parallel connection related. Using Fast.com and increasing the number of parallel connections you can achieve better upload speeds. Most all the other speed tests do not have this option and must use a limited number of simultaneous connections. Why this is a problem with this router I do not know.

Last edited:
Ahh, @L&LD said "I am not seeing the issue in my setup with 2x RT-AX86Us." and then he linked Merlin's firmware, so I took that to meaning that Merlin's firmware fixed the issue.

Maybe it's because I only have 250Mbps service but I don't see this issue on the current Merlin firmware on my RT-AX86U.

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 108
Guess what, AP mode gives me full speed with the same exact wifi settings

used ac88 as a modem and ax86 as AP
full speed on both

Apparently, I need to learn to read responses fully before asking questions that were actually answered in them. Appreciate your patience ;-)

Apparently, I need to learn to read responses fully before asking questions that were actually answered in them. Appreciate your patience ;-)
Actually, you were correct in your question. A router, in his case an AC88U, is not a modem. Although a router can contain modem functions.

I am not having any bandwidth issues with my AX86U. Used as a router on Asus firmware.

Does any know if I replace the ZenWifi AX6600 for a ASUS AX6000 (RT-AX88U) will I have the same problem? Is the problem with all ASUS routers with FIOS?

I don't know if you would have the same problems or not in your environment, but I would suggest the RT-AX86U over the RT-AX88U any day. And over any Zen products too.

I don't know if you would have the same problems or not in your environment, but I would suggest the RT-AX86U over the RT-AX88U any day. And over any Zen products too.
Can I ask why? I'm in the process of choosing between the two and just ordered the RT-AX86U - waiting for the shipment as we speak.

For one, I don't know your environment. :)

Secondly, the RT-AX86U seems to be a more finished/polished home networking router/product than the 'lifestyle' Zen products are.

If issues arise with the RT-AX86U, a fix is usually available. Can't say I've read the same experiences for Zen owners.

Oh I thought you had like a list of benefits on the AX68U over the AX88U. Sorry to assume it was so simple :)
I wanted the AX88U for it's looks and 8 LAN ports, but I kept reading the AX68U should be superior. I was just trying to settle myself and find some comfort in knowing I choose the right router.

Oh I thought you had like a list of benefits on the AX68U over the AX88U. Sorry to assume it was so simple :)
I wanted the AX88U for it's looks and 8 LAN ports, but I kept reading the AX68U should be superior. I was just trying to settle myself and find some comfort in knowing I choose the right router.
I had the ax88 and now running ax86. i chose 86 because of the followings:
In terms of uploading speed they both got the same problem.
Booting up and restarts are quicker on 86.
antennas on the 86 are better.
Looks better.
I don’t need 4 more lans.
86 was cheaper.

86 was cheaper.
Yeah 100USD cheaper for me as it was on sale. I already bought it, but I wanted the AX88 because it had 8 LAN ports and because I prefered the looks way above the AX86.
All the tests I've seen shows that the AX86 have better wifi performance and I need better wifi peformance - I can do without the 4 extra LAN ports, but I can't do with 200mbit wifi when we've got 1gbit Internet connection. I'm really excited to see how much the AX86 can pull. I'm still waiting for the package to arrive, sadly it will be atleast another week.