What's new

AX86U Traffic Analyzer - Statistic under reports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kaoken

New Around Here
As the title says, the Traffic Analyzer statistics function is under reporting the actual bandwidth used. Are there any versions of the stock firmware that this works in? I tried the latest stock firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41249 and merlin 386.1_beta2 with no luck. Sort of dissappointed as this was the only reason I bought this router for.

As the title says, the Traffic Analyzer statistics function is under reporting the actual bandwidth used. Are there any versions of the stock firmware that this works in? I tried the latest stock firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41249 and merlin 386.1_beta2 with no luck. Sort of dissappointed as this was the only reason I bought this router for.
where do you get stock 3.0.0.4.386.41249? I cant find it on the website. I also annoyed with this problem but I just wanna use Merlin for its powerful chipset for VPN. So, for now, I just dont mind it.

I think the 386 code is still beta for the AX86.
Last official release I find is 3.0.0.4.384.9318 so maybe try that.

where do you get stock 3.0.0.4.386.41249? I cant find it on the website. I also annoyed with this problem but I just wanna use Merlin for its powerful chipset for VPN. So, for now, I just dont mind it.
I meant 3.0.0.4.384.9318 , was looking at 88u.

I went back to Version 3.0.0.4.384.9298 and it looks like it's working. For those not getting any logging at all, make sure web history is also enabled.

I was able to also get 3.0.0.4.384.9318 to work. There is a bug with QOS, it has to be enabled and on traditional setting. I havn't tried this on merlin beta 2 but I am guessing it's going to be the same workaround. Are there any way I can submit bug reports for ASUSWRT and MERLIN?

For Asus, just use feedback form in admin section. I think they are aware of this problem but maybe just don't solve it yet. But you can try to submit it.

For Merlin, you can comment on the Beta thread.

Try changing from adaptive QoS to traditional. That worked for me anyway.

Came here to see if anyone else was complaining about the incorrect bandwidth monitoring and glad to see I'm not alone. Currently, my AX-86U is running official fw v3.0.0.4.384_9318-gdbf18b0. I just switched QoS to traditional and will see if that fixes it. My old 1900 Asus router did a great job at monitoring the bandwidth usage.... sucks that Asus can't maintain that level of service on newer hardware/firmware. :(

I have a Plex server that a lot of people pull from and it was only registering a few hundred megs a day from that box which I know for a fact is incorrect.

UPDATE: Can confirm that switching to traditional QoS did indeed fix the inaccurate bandwidth reporting.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!