What's new

AX86U VPN Fusion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does the RT-AX86U supports VPN Fusion? If not, what routers are compatible with it?
VPN Fusion is currently only available on ROG models (GT-*****).

However this will be made available to non-ROG models starting with firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx, which will be released over the coming months.

One alternative if you want to go down the custom firmware route is Asuswrt-Merlin, which offers VPN Directory, that allows you to configure policy-based VPN routing.

VPN Fusion is currently only available on ROG models (GT-*****).

However this will be made available to non-ROG models starting with firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx, which will be released over the coming months.

One alternative if you want to go down the custom firmware route is Asuswrt-Merlin, which offers VPN Directory, that allows you to configure policy-based VPN routing.
Thank you, I will investigate the options shared

When the official firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx with VPN Fusion comes out, will VPN Directory remain in your firmware or will it be replaced by VPN Fusion?

It's VPN Director (I believe RMerlin had a spelling issue above).

I also believe VPN Director is more powerful than Asus' VPN Fusion, so it will remain (unless Asus decides to use VPN Director internally too).

When the official firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx with VPN Fusion comes out, will VPN Directory remain in your firmware or will it be replaced by VPN Fusion?
I intend to stick to VPN Director. Otherwise, I would have enabled VPN Fusion already.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!