What's new

AX88 Primary WAN can be set to USB, can...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnNerd

Regular Contributor
...USB be set to LAN as well by changing the code?
Is it a good idea btw? Both LAN and WAN wise? Any drawbacks?

Last edited:
I can't see how this would be possible or why you would want to do this.

A USB device (e.g. LTE modem) connected as a WAN adapter makes sense. Attaching the same sort of device to the LAN bridge wouldn't make sense.

What sort of USB device are you talking about?

I can't see how this would be possible or why you would want to do this.

A USB device (e.g. LTE modem) connected as a WAN adapter makes sense. Attaching the same sort of device to the LAN bridge wouldn't make sense.

What sort of USB device are you talking about?
I would love for a higher than 1 gigabit port,,, I allready use LAN port 1+2 in link aggregation for max 2 gigabit... USB may offer even higher bitrate 3-5 gigs?

Last edited:
I would love for a higher than 1 gigabit port,,, I allready use LAN port 1+2 in link aggregation for max 2 gigabit... USB may offer even higher bitrate 3-5 gigs?
The switch chip is only rated at 1Gb or 2.5Gb depending on how you connect to it. Even if you were to compile your own firmware with the appropriate drivers (which is probably impossible) I doubt that the USB port is bridged directly to the switch. So the traffic would have to go through the CPU which I would expect to be quite slow.

Thank you very much for answering,,, I should maybe have opted for the AX89 instead... Too bad the AX88 doesn't have multigigabit ports. I will live with Link Aggregation, and I think it will sufice for now.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!